Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Any recommendations for an anniversary dinner? Any cuisine is fine, under $400 for two. Looking at Providence right now, unless someone has a better suggestion!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Acethomas posted:

So food is related here, here is my ramen place: http://www.yelp.com/biz/hakata-ramen-shinsengumi-gardena-2 it is the best you're welcome.

I've been to the Little Tokyo location, and it is just divine. Extremely flavorful broth, perfectly cooked noodles, and lots of delicious sides. Be prepared to wait a while if you go during lunch, but it's so worth it.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Ultimate Mango posted:

Go to Providence. I went last month and it was absolutely incredible. If you want to get out for under $400 study the menu in advance and have a plan. Otherwise you will show up and want the full market menu which will blow your budget.

The food is impeccable and the service is really friendly, not stuffy at all.

We went to Providence and it was amazing. You're absolutely right, we showed up and wanted to do the full market menu with wine tastings. Came out to $585 with tax/tip but it was definitely worth it. It's a LOT of food and A LOT of wine. At least 10 glasses. Good thing we were staying in Hollywood anyways because we were way too drunk to drive afterwards. At least 2 of the wine courses were exquisite fortified wines (a 40 yr old Madeira and a Sherry).

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Walked posted:

Only packed jeans and I hate seafood.

Well you're in luck since people in LA wear cargo shorts, t-shirts, and sandals to Michelin-starred restaurants, so don't worry too much about the attire.

My personal favorite is Meals by Genet on Fairfax (Ethiopian). If you've never had Ethiopian before, it's a perfect introduction, and you will crave it forever afterwards. For 1 person expect to spend about $60 or more if you get wine (get the Tej) and desert (get the espresso and ice cream). Also it's pretty easy to get to from Burbank.

forbidden dialectics fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jan 1, 2014

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Is Saffron any good? It's real close to my new job. If the saag paneer is worth ordering, I will be very happy indeed.

It's good, as far as American Indian food goes. The Saag Peneer is tasty but don't expect it to blow your mind or anything.

• Locked thread