Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

AnonSpore posted:

Saitama telling everyone in Medaka to shut the hell up and summarize in ten words or less would be pretty great, no lie.

Medaka Box characters: 15 pages of :words: and :smug:
:geno: Scribbly-Saitama: "Uh... come again?"

That would be the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

DrSunshine posted:

That would be the best.

Kumagawa and Saitama would be the best of buds.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

DrSunshine posted:

That would be the best.

Saitama wouldn't let them go on for 15 pages, though. Genos got in barely two panels of :words: before Saitama told him to give it to him in "one short and simple sentence of max. 10 words".

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.
Thanks to this thread, I read Onepunch-Man in one sitting.

I'm in love.

MayLanh
Apr 16, 2012

by angerbot

Algid posted:

chapter 18.1

edit: I think his power might be inversely proportional to his hair. Or it maybe it's related to how much he needs to do something else, you know, important things, like getting udon for lunch, or finding a bathroom.

Hahaha so training doesn't have anything to do with his one hit KO skills.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

MayLanh posted:

Hahaha so training doesn't have anything to do with his one hit KO skills.

It did. Look at his hair, he's already part of the way through his training.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
I recently discovered this manga and loved it! I hope it will keep it up and not dissolve into an uncomprehensible mess...

Saitama killing dudes in one punch never get old and I love that the author often makes you ponder if he finally found his match.

I think it should be short, it doesn't seems to be the thing to have more than a handfull of volumes.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Numero6 posted:

I think it should be short, it doesn't seems to be the thing to have more than a handfull of volumes.

Hate to break it to you, but the original version already has over 70 chapters, and I think it's still ongoing.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
87 to be precise, and it's still going. For what it's worth I've read up to the most recent chapter and I think it stays great.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
No idea why I clicked this thread, but I started this comic and it's hilarious. And now that I go back and look at the original art it's even funnier.

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 1, 2012

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
If you don't follow Murata's twitter, you should. He posts sketches and other drawings fairly often.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
By the way, the new chapter should be out and probably scanlated any day now. Murata's a little late because he's been putting some last touches on a bunch of extra stuff that's going out with the volumes (which drop on December 4th!).

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

If you don't follow Murata's twitter, you should. He posts sketches and other drawings fairly often.

He also posts stuff drawn by his oldest son, which you may mistake for his own art! :v:

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Dec 1, 2012

Caeruleas
Mar 5, 2007
This too shall pass

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

This is awesome. :haw:

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Thank you thread, everything about this is absolutely fantastic and those action scene gifs are just wonderful.

I love this series and I will read all of it forever.

I sincerely hope that his workout regimen is the way he got strong and nothing else, that chapter nearly killed me. I am so amused.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
Wow I never heard of this before and this is probably the best manga I've read in a long, long time.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I feel like the odd man out, because while I find this a stunning looking and interesting manga I don't find it parcticularly funny. I read through all 18 chapters yesterday and can only recall laughing out loud once, which was at the punch in the balls. Maybe I'm just juvenile or something I guess. I do find it interesting enough to keep reading at the very least, and it's definitely great looking so I'm hoping that it'll get more fun as things go on with the introduction of more heroes and so on, but everyone else keeps praising it's humor and I'm just not feeling it :(

I think I was expecting the wrong thing though when I read it for a start, because the OP made me think it'd be more thought provoking than it is with the line that it was about the main character having an early mid life crisis and pondering the nature of strength etc. There's a bit of that, but not nearly as much as I was expecting. Oh well.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

tsob posted:

I feel like the odd man out, because while I find this a stunning looking and interesting manga I don't find it parcticularly funny. I read through all 18 chapters yesterday and can only recall laughing out loud once, which was at the punch in the balls. Maybe I'm just juvenile or something I guess. I do find it interesting enough to keep reading at the very least, and it's definitely great looking so I'm hoping that it'll get more fun as things go on with the introduction of more heroes and so on, but everyone else keeps praising it's humor and I'm just not feeling it :(

I think I was expecting the wrong thing though when I read it for a start, because the OP made me think it'd be more thought provoking than it is with the line that it was about the main character having an early mid life crisis and pondering the nature of strength etc. There's a bit of that, but not nearly as much as I was expecting. Oh well.

Humor is subjective, so who cares? Now, if you said that the art wasn't all that good it would be another matter altogether.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

There was a oneshot chapter of Onepunch-Man in the latest issue of Miracle Jump. I'm guessing that Murata (or ONE, maybe) wanted to give readers of the new OPM a chance to see a couple of the most popular characters a little early, since it's gonna be months until they show up if Murata sticks to his current schedule.

It was glorious. :allears:

Boon will probably get onto it soon enough. If he doesn't then I'll do it when I have the time, I guess.

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Dec 4, 2012

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

tsob posted:

To me, the humor is in seeing what is a relatively traditional shonen manga setup (Genos would be the main character of his own book anywhere else, and the House of Evolution arc would have lasted at least a volume) be completely and utterly destroyed by a main character who is already the strongest being in the universe. Saitama accidentally activated God Mode, and everyone else is either dumbfounded or upset that their rules are being stomped all over.

Also, Ninjas smashing their junk into a man's fist at high speeds.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Dec 5, 2012

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I wish to see the final villain in the manga be some sort of Raoh like figure to Saitama who did the exact same type of training that Saitama did.

And then lose to Saitama because he did something ridiculous like take a nice warm bath after exercising.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Stairmaster posted:

I wish to see the final villain in the manga be some sort of Raoh like figure to Saitama who did the exact same type of training that Saitama did.

And then lose to Saitama because he did something ridiculous like take a nice warm bath after exercising.

Nah, it's the leeks. Saitama eats his vegtables.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

He took a day off. It was just one day, it was even his wedding day, so anyone would take that day off and it shouldn't have mattered.

But it did.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Given how cool the male not-Saitamas have been so far, I hope it's kept up with the girls.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I read all of this the other day. Its absurdly wonderful!

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

To me, the humor is in seeing what is a relatively traditional shonen manga setup (Genos would be the main character of his own book anywhere else, and the House of Evolution arc would have lasted at least a volume) be completely and utterly destroyed by a main character who is already the strongest being in the universe. Saitama accidentally activated God Mode, and everyone else is either dumbfounded or upset that their rules are being stomped all over.

Also, Ninjas smashing their junk into a man's fist at high speeds.

For someone after reading this, I would summarize it as Saitama being so strong, he is accidentally beating up the Shonen Genre.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Unlucky7 posted:

Saitama accidentally activated God Mode, and everyone else is either dumbfounded or upset that their rules are being stomped all over.

This is the best breakdown I think.

I'm really hoping for a DBZ style villain who shows up, claims he's a million times more powerful in his evolved form, and dies in one punch before he even gets the chance with Saitama too drat bored to stand around for ten minutes while he powers up.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."

Liar posted:

This is the best breakdown I think.

I'm really hoping for a DBZ style villain who shows up, claims he's a million times more powerful in his evolved form, and dies in one punch before he even gets the chance with Saitama too drat bored to stand around for ten minutes while he powers up.
And his powering up lasts for 15+ pages. Animation-style.

One can dream.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Nasgate posted:

For someone after reading this, I would summarize it as Saitama being so strong, he is accidentally beating up the Shonen Genre.

Ya know what? I like the way your put it better.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

WELP

Apparently Murata redrew even more stuff for the published volumes. I swear the man never stops drawing. He also tweeted that the next chapter is "almost done," but that was something like a day and a half ago so who knows when that'll be up.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I just caught up with this manga in one sitting, and holy poo poo it is amazing. I am going through the thread now and

Sindai posted:

Change thread title to "Better animation than most anime."

Is there a reason this hasn't happened yet?

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Is Speed of Sonic a really effeminate guy or just a lady in drag?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

He's a dude. The original makes it much more obvious, but yes.

gnome7 posted:

I just caught up with this manga in one sitting, and holy poo poo it is amazing. I am going through the thread now and

Is there a reason this hasn't happened yet?

Because I crowdsourced the title, am bad at titles anyway, and can't change it now.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Vanderdeath posted:

Is Speed of Sonic a really effeminate guy or just a lady in drag?

I said a couple pages ago I thought the character was a woman. The argument against that is the whole punch to the groin.

Liar fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Dec 8, 2012

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Liar posted:

I said a couple pages ago I thought the character was a woman. The argument against that is the whole punch to the groin, but SoS didn't even cringe from the attack.

Everyone refers to him as a man so it's probably a guy.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 8, 2012

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Roobanguy posted:

Everyone refers to him as a man so it's probably a guy.

Yeah, plus re-reading his legs are locked and he's shaking like crazy like speaking, so maybe he's just downplaying how bad it hurt.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

AnonSpore posted:

Because I crowdsourced the title, am bad at titles anyway, and can't change it now.

If you really want to change it, a pm to Zorak would probably work.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Maybe I should have clarified. Sonic gets a shirtless scene somewhere in the original that hasn't been covered in Murata's version yet. He's a dude. Murata just drew him really feminine.

Here, the scene in question, dialogue removed for spoilers.

Gyges posted:

If you really want to change it, a pm to Zorak would probably work.

I personally don't care that much either way, actually, and I don't have PMs anyway.

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 8, 2012

MrCinos
Dec 20, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

Boon will probably get onto it soon enough. If he doesn't then I'll do it when I have the time, I guess.

Translator wrote:

quote:

I'm still in awe about how many people like Molester Man and it makes me want to try to finish Molester Man in time for New Year's, but I can't promise anything. If I can't make it, it'd still be nice to finish it a few days late. Also, I'd have to put OPM on hold until then and that includes oneshots too. I hope, the OPM fans will understand.

So if someone else won't translate/scanlate OPM we'll see the next chapter in English in the beginning of Jan 2013. Which is good enough for me since Molester Man (don't judge it by the title) is an excellent series too and I anticipate its chapters even more than OPM ones now.

Boon sure knows how to find gems.

MrCinos fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Dec 8, 2012

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Liar posted:

Yeah, plus re-reading his legs are locked and he's shaking like crazy like speaking, so maybe he's just downplaying how bad it hurt.

After he gets punched he's in so much pain that the manga itself switches to a "Technical Difficulties"-esque panel while he recovers. He's a dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

MrCinos posted:

Translator wrote:

So if someone else won't translate/scanlate OPM we'll see the next chapter in English in the beginning of Jan 2013. Which is good enough for me since Molester Man (don't judge it by the title) is an excellent series too and I anticipate its chapters even more than OPM ones now.

Boon sure knows how to find gems.

Yeah, I was gonna mention that once Murata updated, but that seems to be taking a while. I'm just a little concerned since Boon can't clean scans very well and the Young Jump extra chapter is pretty bad even for a magazine raw.