Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Liar posted:

I don't know what's more epic. Saitama biting the sword in half in an epic panel, or him looking like he was drawn by a five-year-old while karate chopping Speed to death.

The drawing is best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005
God drat, I just read 20 chapters of amazing. Saitama is hilarious.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm highly disappointed in this chapter. I expected Onepunch Man but only got Onechop Man.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
gaze into the face of true power

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The best part is, Tank Top Tiger is probably going to get all of the credit.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tank Top Tiger
Speed of Sound Sonic / Elbow Joint Panic

This series has the best superhero / super-villain names.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
His eyebrows have Tiger stripes. :allears:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Am I the only one who thinks that Speed of sound sonic is amazing-awesome and I hope he keeps being a recurring antagonist? I just love how far he'll go to have a fight with saitama even though he KNOWS how powerful he is.

I loving love how the realism on Saitama's face keeps changing, absolutely golden.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Dec 27, 2012

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
I'm rather fond of his partly-slouched posture and wry, trollish face as he lectures Speed of Sound Sonic, myself.

But his chopping face is good too.

EDIT:

Al-Saqr posted:

Am I the only one who thinks that Speed of sound sonic is amazing-awesome and I hope he keeps being a recurring antagonist? I just love how far he'll go to have a fight with saitama.

Not at all, as long as he keeps making that mischievous, childlike grin of his. :shobon:

advokat fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 27, 2012

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Am I the only one who thinks that Speed of sound sonic is amazing-awesome and I hope he keeps being a recurring antagonist? I just love how far he'll go to have a fight with saitama even though he KNOWS how powerful he is.

I loving love how the realism on Saitama's face keeps changing, absolutely golden.

I don't think he does realize how powerful Saitama is, though. He keeps picking fights because Saitama is faster and he wants to prove that he is the fastest. Sonic still hasn't seen what Saitama's punches can do.

Mura
Feb 3, 2008
The main thing I love about this series is the whiplash pacing. They spend a lot of time building up action scenes, only to have them end abruptly. So you get these really big, elaborate scenes building momentum and then, boom, Saitama.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Al-Saqr posted:

Sonic is hilarious and yes, he has more great scenes coming up. He's sort of the series buttmonkey at this point.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
Tried to post it, but Imgur is being a bitch.

I just love where Saitama threatens Sonic by saying "I'll hit you". It's such a bland threat, but Sonic is freaking out because he knows how insane Saitama is. One slap and you're dead.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

HellCopter posted:

gaze into the face of true power

I need to use this as an avatar.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Saitama can only reach the S rank of heroes if he has enough avatars. I'm talking Homestuck/Gunnerkrigg levels here people.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Unlucky7 posted:

I always meant to go ADTRW ambassador and post this in BSS, but I can't decide between posting it in the Funny Panels thread, or the Badass Panels thread.

I mean, yes, they are all humorous, but the art is badass, so...

Just make a new thread, dude.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Prison Warden posted:

Saitama can only reach the S rank of heroes if he has enough avatars. I'm talking Homestuck/Gunnerkrigg levels here people.

Sounds like a plan :neckbeard:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
According to Murata on his twitter, this week's chapter will be a totally new Thing that wasn't in the original, so if you've read ONE's version or even just looked at the pretty pictures, it's gonna be a surprise.

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Dec 28, 2012

Caeruleas
Mar 5, 2007
This too shall pass
21 is ouuuuuuut (in Japanese)!
http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/onepanman/21/

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Kept clicking the right arrow, wondering what the gently caress was wrong with the page.

It all looks very serious. Wish I could read any of it.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

I love how the url is "onepanman" even though the text on the cover page clearly says One Punch Man. I'm just gonna assume it's some kind of pun. If anime has taught me one thing, it's that the Japanese loving love puns.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That Horse wearing a tuxedo must be the next regular character. IT MUST BE SO.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Dec 29, 2012

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Prison Warden posted:

I love how the url is "onepanman" even though the text on the cover page clearly says One Punch Man. I'm just gonna assume it's some kind of pun. If anime has taught me one thing, it's that the Japanese loving love puns.

I swear that someone in this thread or the misc. shounen thread was saying how it's onepanman as a reference to some other classic hero anpanman, but I can't find the post.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Prison Warden posted:

Anpanman

Wanpanman

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

booksnake posted:

I swear that someone in this thread or the misc. shounen thread was saying how it's onepanman as a reference to some other classic hero anpanman, but I can't find the post.

That was probably me. Anyway, the Japanese title is Wanpanman, but Murata wrote it as Onepunch-Man in English. "Wanpanman" is only one character removed from "(Sore Ike!) Anpanman," a children's cartoon that's about a Superman whose head is made of bread. Saitama's color scheme and outfit (and baldness) are all taken from that guy. The first villain in OPM, Vaccineman, is also an homage to Anpanman's archenemy, Baikinman.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://mangafox.me/manga/onepunch_man/c021/1.html

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

I don't know what exactly I was expecting out of the Heroes Association after all the serious types we've seen thus far, but Watchdog and Umabourne weren't it. :stare:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I love how the guy in a dog costume is so competent.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Serious Frolicking posted:

I love how the guy in a dog costume is so competent.

And of all the heroes mentioned during that meeting, the guy in the dog costume was the only S-Class one.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
It's just a horse in a suit.

he doesn't even have hands or anything, it's just a horse. In a suit. Fantastic.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
At first when I read this chapter, it seemed kind of boring without Saitama. After reading these responses and rereading the chapter, I see now how wrong I was. drat this is a great series!

Prison Warden posted:

he doesn't even have hands or anything, it's just a horse. In a suit. Fantastic.

"Nothing unusual"

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mad Lupine posted:

At first when I read this chapter, it seemed kind of boring without Saitama. After reading these responses and rereading the chapter, I see now how wrong I was. drat this is a great series!

It's a sign of how much you've already taken the bizarreness of the world for granted, and how high the bar that Onepunch Man has set.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Saitama is still by far the weirdest character in the manga.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
So was this chapter hinting that Saitama's strength might be due to the same thing that's causing Z-City to spit out so many monsters? Hope not, I love that part about him.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Justin_Brett posted:

So was this chapter hinting that Saitama's strength might be due to the same thing that's causing Z-City to spit out so many monsters? Hope not, I love that part about him.

They're going to assume he's a monster and it's going to turn out that he just did a bunch of situps and jogging

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

JosephWongKS posted:

It's a sign of how much you've already taken the bizarreness of the world for granted, and how high the bar that Onepunch Man has set.

The first page of the chapter had a guy with Testicle written on his back. There was really nothing that could be surprising after that.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Prison Warden posted:

Finally, Bad Horse from Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog his a rival that can stand up to him and free us of his rein of sin.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I think it's just a guy with a horse mask (and hoofed "gloves"), just notice how the collar of his shirt disappears under the seam.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
I just noticed that when they're discussing the damage done to B-City, there's a picture of Beefcake and Babyface on the table.

(How did they get a pre-transformation picture of Beefcake, and yet still not know who Saitama is? They are bad at their jobs.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
You could make a great series of avatars with these heroes, captioning them all with "Nothing unusual." Except the lightning robot guy I guess, he'd get "A monster blew up the city. Everything else is fine."

Also the brief buildup with Genos, only for him to be scrubbing a toilet was great. As is Watchdog. What an adorable engine of destruction.