Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Mr. Lobe posted:

I just think the man is low-mid grade clinically depressed.

Yeah, agreed. Saitama being totally checked out about just about everything because he's depressed lines up pretty cleanly with the events of the comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

I just think the man is low-mid grade clinically depressed.

I mean yeah, and obviously as comic readers we can see that but it's not like anyone in the story can pick up on that yet. What Saitama needs is either more down to Earth friends like King and Mumen Rider or to be able to hang out with them more often.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

One of my favorite moments remains Saitama and Mumen Rider having a meal together after the Sea King fight :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWO5nnq4L-0&t=15s

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Jerusalem posted:

"It's a long story."
"Oh. I'm good then..."

:allears:

I SAID I'M GOOD!
There there

:3:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00zT--4tP5Y

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

it's a shame they had to use an image of the real earth and not Planet Saitama Prefecture because no such 3d asset exists

yet

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This is not a webcomic spoiler this is a speculation thing

I'm still waiting for Flashy Flash and Atomic Samurai to team up sometime. Mostly because I want to see how fast those slices are from his perspective. Are they still moving or do they just pause in place? The choreography for that will be insane and I can't wait to see it one year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEtHpGSSTOU&t=568s

Watching this again made me think of it. Years of experience with Dante doing Royal Guards and jumping to dodge Judgement Cuts aside, I don't think I've ever seen someone actually dodging every individual slice like this.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
If anyone wants to feel involved in the April foolery here's a prank new chapter

https://cubari.moe/read/gist/OPM/151-5/1/

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
what a king

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I want a 'meat." jacket

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

pik_d posted:

If anyone wants to feel involved in the April foolery here's a prank new chapter

This got me re-reading King facing off against the top level of the Monster Association again :perfect:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Revins posted:

I want a 'meat." jacket

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Is part of the joke that the first 2 images alone are near 100MB :sweatdrop: I guess people running dual 4k monitors need wallpapers too.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Jerusalem posted:

This got me re-reading King facing off against the top level of the Monster Association again :perfect:

I ended up going all the way through Saitama vs Garou lol.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Raws up: https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/14079602755511181824

What the gently caress is going on

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

pik_d posted:

Building this ninja guy up even more to be instantly killed by Saitama

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

pik_d posted:

What a sick effect to do in a manga

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Translation out: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/eka2idR/1/1/

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Well I can see why they decided to redo the whole arc. This is very different.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Blast is weirdly weak for supposedly being the number One hero

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Gologle posted:

Blast is weirdly weak for supposedly being the number One hero

The dimension hopping guy who manipulates gravity / black holes and can seemingly teleport anywhere is "weirdly weak"? I mean true, he's No King™

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I've yet to see blast one punch something, the lightweight

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
The end of the arc, prior to the redraw, had Blast appear behind Empty Void out of nowhere and body him. I think One saw this and went “uh, there’s no stakes in this” and upped the ante by having the dude absorb Garou’s god powers.

I am lol’ing that a half-dead ninja appeared just at the right time for a reverse-causality punch to defeat Garou, like anyone could have anticipated it at all. That’s quite the asspull right there.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Gazaar posted:

I ended up going all the way through Saitama vs Garou lol.

Same, goddamn that was a ride.

This is quite different, yeah. Reread oddly ends up being relevant.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Blast isn’t weak, he was able to redirect Cosmic Garou’s nuclear punches + was acknowledged by him. He’s definitely able to take on multiple dragon class monsters with his abiltiies. The baddies are just on another level this time.

and he’s also being compared to a guy who accidentally obliterated Saturn and its moon with a sneeze.

yum fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 4, 2024

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jupiter

FooF posted:

The end of the arc, prior to the redraw, had Blast appear behind Empty Void out of nowhere and body him. I think One saw this and went “uh, there’s no stakes in this” and upped the ante by having the dude absorb Garou’s god powers.

I am lol’ing that a half-dead ninja appeared just at the right time for a reverse-causality punch to defeat Garou, like anyone could have anticipated it at all. That’s quite the asspull right there.

I must've had a different chapter because all I saw was Blast being the first one to actually hit 'That Man' in the fight. I assumed he would then get back up next chapter.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Apr 4, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"He's a pervert who stalks people as a hobby :mad:" :allears:

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I figure Blast is much stronger than the rest of the hero association with the exception of Saitama, but his real power is time traveling and teleportation. Gives him a lot more chances of survival against impossible fights he can revisit later.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

That's even bigger !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbn-tuYcScI

e:
Also :lol: at Sonic putting a return address to his secret :ninja: base hideout on his challenge letter.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Apr 4, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Does he even know he's a ninja?" :lol:

Very sweet that Saitama thinks to include Manako in his plans to go eat some curry instead of being involved in all this bullshit.

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
what is strength

if not a measure of the capacity to pull from one's own rear end

Tapet
Oct 17, 2010

FooF posted:

Not necessarily, he could very well have powers to sense great energy being availible to absorb, and then just teleported there, OR, if he doesnt, surely "god" does, and could have told him to get his rear end over there. I think it works without issue with what we have seen so far.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
This feels like they are tying the two arcs together more. The new arc is a direct result of Garou's battle. I like this change.

Also, I highly approve of Saitama's choice of curry udon. 🍛

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

pik_d posted:

best chapter yet

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

my interaction with the webcomic is minimal and I only sort of remember it but originally didnt they just like stumble across the corpse of "that man" at like a bus stop after saitama killed him and didnt even remember it?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

bitmap posted:

my interaction with the webcomic is minimal and I only sort of remember it but originally didnt they just like stumble across the corpse of "that man" at like a bus stop after saitama killed him and didnt even remember it?

Yeah if I remember right you never get to see THAT MAN, he picks and instantly loses a fight with Saitama completely off-page before Flash and Sonic even arrive, and a bored Saitama gives them his weapons since he's got no use for them. I loved that and I do kinda hope the same thing happens again in this version, but probably it won't.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Tapet posted:

Not necessarily, he could very well have powers to sense great energy being availible to absorb, and then just teleported there, OR, if he doesnt, surely "god" does, and could have told him to get his rear end over there. I think it works without issue with what we have seen so far.

If God is a higher dimensional being they could've watched the entire Saitama vs Garou fight and figured out where it was going to end and placed the guy in the right spot, or told him to go there.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

Zereth posted:

If God is a higher dimensional being they could've watched the entire Saitama vs Garou fight and figured out where it was going to end and placed the guy in the right spot, or told him to go there.

Imagine being God and looking through space time to the end of all things and just seeing a fist coming straight towards your face and being utterly unable to stop it.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I mean if some failed salaryman can remove his limiter during God can

Thinking about it, it's a good thing some random squirrel or cat fish didn't remove its limiter and then unknowingly destroy the universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah, THIS time the villain will probably pose a challenge to Saitama

UP AND ADAM fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Apr 5, 2024