Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The art in this comic is incredible! I had put it in the "sounds kind of funny, but not really my thing" mental pile and not given it much more thought than that. I'm glad I got bored and decided to check it out after all, it's super funny and the cinematic way he draws the action is completely amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Even though I know that a lot of the monsters and/or heroes are nods to various things from other Japanese shows; when Kombu Infinity showed up the first thing I thought of was Sigmund the Sea Monster from 70s weirdos Sid and Marty Krofft.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD--1jZT-Ps

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

7c Nickel posted:

This joins Yotsubato as one of the only series where every single chapter makes me grin like a madman.

Seriously. It's just so drat good and I can't get enough of it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

PaganGoatPants posted:

Saitama pushed the entire building into the ground when he jumped, I didn't see it before. :stonk:

It's such an amazing detail. The comic just continues to impress the hell out of me with every chapter.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The_Angry_Turtle posted:

The translation of the latest chapter on Kissmanga is among the worst I have ever seen.

Is tanked top black whole supposed to be Tanktop Black Hole?

Yes, but don't read the bad translation. Ever.

Read the good one instead.

AnonSpore posted:

New chapter is out at Boon's page.

Also the Batoto link to it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

That drawing of Saitama in the rain is god drat amazing.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I surprised myself by letting out an audible, excited gasp when Saitama showed up

and then I was laughing my rear end off for the rest of the pages.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I do wish I could subscribe just to this since I have no interest in any of the other things in WSJ, but whatever.

Bang.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Just got an email that Volume 2 of Viz's digital version is up for sale now. Re-read while we wait for the next chapter!

Shadow0 posted:

I was just thinking the same thing. Every page is a work of art though. It's amazing. Did you notice squiggly Saitama on the first page?

Such a great drawing. :allears:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Whoa he drew Megaman and One Piece too:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Onepunch Man, making the best of list on Comics Alliance

quote:

BEST SUPERHERO COMIC (DEAL WITH IT)

ONE-PUNCH MAN
Artwork by Yusuke Murata
Written by ONE
Published by VIZ Media
Available: Amazon / ComiXology / Comics Shops
There were some good superhero comics this year, but for my money, the best was ONE and Yusuke Murata’s One-Punch Man. It’s funny, it’s violent, it’s frequently stupid and it has more heart packed into it than almost anything else on the stands. Also, it features characters named Grad School Graduate, Spring Mustache, Jet Nice Guy, Tank Top Tiger and roughly one million more, all of them just as golden.
One-Punch Man is the serialized adventures of a guy named Saitama who decides one day to be “a hero for fun,” and embarks on a strenuous training regimen that alows him to defeat any enemy with one punch.
My favorite moment, and the one that solidified itself on my list for 2014, comes in volume 3 (Viz released five digital collections this year) and involves a nebbish mid-level hero in a suit who fights with a group named the Blizzard Bunch. His group encounters an enemy named Demon Fan, but our guy freaks out, and somebody else on his team ends up beating the evil robot fan monster. Our guy has a bit of a career crisis, saying that he can’t be a hero because he doesn’t have a superpower, that these gifted people are born different than people like you or me, and that no matter how hard he tries, he’ll never be good enough to be a hero. Enter Saitama–a guy who got his super-strength through exercising so hard he went bald–who shows up just as Demon Fan is reforming and, true to his name, defeats him with one punch. Afterward, Saitama suggests to the guy that, instead of giving up, maybe he just needs to try harder. The chapter ends with the guy quitting the Blizzard Bunch and taking the advice to heart. We see him out jogging, inspired to train as hard as he can to be a true hero.
It’s a heartening idea, that anybody can be a hero if they try hard enough. Saitama’s not perfect; he often comes across as an oblivious dick, but he’s very sincere in his desire to be a hero and to help people. Especially if “helping people,” means punching monsters to literal pieces. That’s kind of exactly what I’m looking for in a superhero comic.

Read More: The Best Comic Books Of 2014 | http://comicsalliance.com/best-comic-books-2014-list/?trackback=tsmclip

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh man Saitama I once accidentally saved over someones stuff, I felt like such a jerk.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

"Today" is nearly ten years ago!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Gah! Thank you so much for posting when there's a new side chapter thing, I always catch the newest sequential chapter but miss those all the drat time.
:refurb:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

AnonSpore posted:

The cover for volume 8. It's perfect. :allears:

That owns bones.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Crain posted:

And how does Powdered Toast Man fit into this hierarchy?

I don't know, but he'd fit right in there somewhere that's for sure.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Upcoming animation lookin good

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

hell fuckin yes!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Gyges posted:

Filler is padding to stretch something out, that is not what this is. It's an expansion of the story for the purposes of the story. It's not like this is a direct and exact translation anyway, it's an adaptation that is very faithful.

Unless you want to say other side stories are filler to. In which case you're wrong and I feel sorry that you don't understand divine revelation.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

"Filler" has become as meaningless and stupid as "mary sue"

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I wish i knew, i found it from this tweet:
https://twitter.com/opm_anime/status/613723869145251840

but couldn't find a link to buy them (probably because i don't speak japanese)

edit upon preview: Oh it updated and there they are! Still all in japanese though.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

A Serious Disguise.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kuvo posted:

getting hype

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

batoto link
http://bato.to/read/_/336275/onepunch-man_ch52_by_nerieru-scans

This series is too good.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Bernardo Orel posted:

I can't wait to see psychoanalysis martial arts:allears:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:dance:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah the cool animation-like pages are just reduced to a single page or spread. Which is kind of a bummer, but also kind of understandable with the format change.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

drat it, the kids shirt doesn't say School Child on it :mad:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Prison Warden posted:

Currently flying to the US to watch the episode. Wish concord still existed.

It's worth it. Bon Voyage

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

I love the :D look on Saitama's face when Beefcake kills his bro.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm in the US and used Daisuki for the first time today and it worked great in 1080p. Had to turn off adblock for it to run though.
Still wish they had an xbox app, i hate watching poo poo on my PC for some reason.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Eh, who knows maybe i just got lucky.

E: i can't get their site to keep me logged in and that is kinda pissing me off.
e:e: and all the ads are for a power company in Michigan for some reason. (i'm in WA)

a kitten fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Oct 4, 2015

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

(sorta, kinda) Colored like Dr. Manhattan, looks like Piccolo, voiced by Freiza.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Oct 5, 2015

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mo_Steel posted:

:buddy: Flawless.

It also matches the face i made when it happened.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Condiv posted:

i will not hear one more bad thing about an opening wherin saitama punches a happy little star man in the face

screw you Starro

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Death Bot posted:

is there a good place to read this anymore? seems like it got taken down from a bunch of websites

Amazon, Viz, Comixology.

It's licensed now so people are getting jumpy about copywrite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

aers posted:

my episode 2 analysis is that it was good

I think i'm gonna watch it again.