Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Thanks for pointing me to his twitter, since I now know he makes kick rear end street fighter drawings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

You can cosplay as whoever you want, size, gender or skin colour be damned, but if you are Tatsumaki, you better get those amazing curls.

I have sympathy for the cosplayer as I tried to style a wig like Barnaby from tiger and bunny and it was super hard.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

It's nice how they are keeping with Saitama's characterisation. If you're a human who stands up to a monster/villain whose stronger than you, you are a hero. It doesn't matter how good you do, or how pathetic you may seem at the end of it, Saitma will always respect you for trying.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

annnnnd the worst character in OPM shows up again. hooray.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Yeah having a gay guy hit on every dude around despite them being clearly uncomfortable with it and being too sexually friendly is a long running sterotype. Assholes have even used the sterotype to try and justify assaults against gay men.

Japan still seems fine with it unfortunately. It can prop up in good shows. Tiger and Bunny comes to mind.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

those 100 squats a day really get results.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

AnonSpore posted:

No that was when he fell to the dark side

He found Jesus later, during the Zero/Alpha series

You mixed up the timeline.

Alpha happens before SF2 but after SF1. Sagat stops being evil after Sf2.

The timelines of the games are weird, but it goes like this

SF1, Alpha series, SF2, Sf4, Sf5, Sf3.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

EmmyOk posted:

Even when he is in serious mode he just looks a bit different he doesn't gain a foot in height and double in width. Also the Rock and Vin Diesel are just awful actors and this is how we get Netflix Death Note.

I'd argue that the Rock is actually pretty good, though I agree he wouldn't be a good fit for OPM.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I wonder why Netflix only had the sub

It was weird in that netflix had the dub for like a day but then took it down.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Toriyama is a legit fantastic artist. He's got a great sense of pacing, comedic timing and of course, his fight scenes are great.

Not to mention the guy seemed to crap out a ton of iconic character designs like it was nothing.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Nov 6, 2017

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

People say that Genos sucks and doesn't deserve his ranking but he only really seems to get dunked on by insanely powerful opponents that other s rank fighters have trouble dealing with. Dude's just got bad luck in his fights.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

skaianDestiny posted:

I think I recall a time where ONE deliberately withheld a draft so Murata would spend time with his family.

Good at least some "bosses"(though more like partnership I guess) realise that having work life balance is really important, even if you love your job.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

There's only one true hero in OPM. He's also the best boy.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Suspicious Lump posted:

He might have a chance, but if in his right hand our hero had a sale catalogue for todays specials, this mighty foe would be dead in an instant.

(How powerful is Thanos in the Marvel universe? I know he's extremely powerful but is he god like?)

Thanos is like hulk level strong in the MU, so Saitama would have no trouble. The real kicker is whether he has the infinity guantlet, which gives him control over all aspects of the universe. So that could be an interesting fight.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Murata I love your stuff but please don't work yourself to death. Your output has been bonkers lately.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I love the universal constant of opm being how goofy you look is directly proportional to how strong/terrifying you are.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I want Murata to draw a gundam/mecha series so bad god drat.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

haha you can still see big rear end crater on the moon from when Saitama jumped from it during his Boros fight. Great attention to detail.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm fine with Murata drawing rad mechs fighting monsters, it's a worthy trade off if the only thing suffering for it is a two panel joke that isn't that great to begin with.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Sweet Mask does not gently caress around, Christ :stare:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

It's fun watching Gyorko get his poo poo kicked in so bad after being a smug prick for so long.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Oh good it's made by the same guys who made the ultimate storm, so the games going to be boring as gently caress.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Yeah I recall the madhouse staff refuted that they had a higher than normal budget, the director was just talented had a lot of connections to some great animators.

The main problem was that the guy was busy and they didn't want to wait too long before making another season.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Zombieman fights rule because he keeps on inventing creative ways to gently caress himself up on the chance that it allows him to take down his opponent.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

King continues to be the best.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

now that is a god drat cliffhanger. Jesus Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

On reflection, I don't think there's ever been a moment with King that I haven't enjoyed. It's either hilarious or oddly heartwarming.