Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Genocyber posted:

They did get it wrong then. The entire point of the S Class is to house super strong people that are otherwise poor heroes, as far as the Association is concerned.

King is S Rank, and hasn't displayed any powers yet besides looking menacing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Bad Seafood posted:

There was a new chapter today dude.

I really like Metal Bat (and bancho aesthetic stuff in general), so I'm glad he's getting some time to be a badass here. He's one of my favorites.

gnome7 posted:

Metal Bat rules so hard. I think my favorite bit from this whole thing was when he smashed the ground and all the cars in the parking lot across the street bounced up a few inches. What an incredible bad-rear end.

Did the cars bounce up a few inches, or did the ground drop a few inches?:ssj:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Eyeshield 21 was also a work very much about technique beating raw power, and the combination of both being the absolute ideal. It might be something that Murata is just drawn to drawing.

mabels big day posted:

I'm mad Metal Bat lost

If you think this fight is over, then you've obviously very much underestimated the power of FIGHTING SPIRIT! ORRAAAAAA!!!!:ssj:

Seriously though, this fight isn't even close to over at this point. He's gonna stop Garo and the centipede in one go in another 3 chapters or so. You just watch.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
It doesn't have to be Saitama that beats everyone, especially considering that this is something that didn't appear in ONE's original. Hell, this could just be ONE's way of giving us the Metal Bat spin-off we all want. They could even make it so that Saitama takes out the centipede so Metal Bat can go all-out against Garo, since he understands what it means to want to have a good fight.

I... I just really want Metal Bat to win this one.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Boogaleeboo posted:

Oh don't say things you know aren't true, you'll just hurt yourself in the end.

Saitama didn't beat that regenerating thing with the marbles in it. In fact, it was Metal Bat that figured out how to beat it.:colbert:

e:

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Metal Bat feels literally like Ryuji Danma. Maybe I just want more GTO in my life (The Early Years in this specific case).

GTO is basically the reason I fell in love with Bancho style, so yeah, I could always use more.

I hadn't noticed before that Metal Bat is basically Shonan Ryuji, though.

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Dec 15, 2015

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

tsob posted:

Unless she's a hero herself or something I can't see Garou attacking her. Dude's a dick, but not that kind of dick.

If he thinks it'll get a rise out of him he might. Or if she tries fight him herself Licenseless Rider style.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Wait, so Garo himself isn't filler, but it's Metal Bat vs Garo that is? OK, now I understand why some people might be frustrated with it to some degree.

That said, though, you'd know how it ends whether it's filler or not, so just enjoy the cool-rear end Metal Bat story.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

AnonSpore posted:

If you check his twitter, Murata really likes drawing pretty women and the material of OPM makes it so he doesn't get the chance much. He probably takes what he can get.

You can see this pretty clearly in Eyeshield 21 as well. Every team had an adorable or attractive female manager, each cheerleader on each team was drawn to be unique, the entertainment reporter was an attractive woman, and the fat guy color commentator got replaced by his young daughter once the team got back from America. Heck, even one of the last teams they played had a pretty woman as their quarterback. Dude just likes drawing ladies, and will cram them into his work whenever and wherever he can.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

It's a Christmas miracle!:swoon:

This also is very good.:allears:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Literally rip a man's entrails from his stomach.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

RareAcumen posted:

I know this is probably the direction the comic will go but I hope Sneck stays a heel towards Saitama the longest out of everyone.

Sneck and Sweet Mask the only holdouts for Saitama Friends Club.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Heresy.

Fubuki is a treasure. Tasumaki is a poo poo.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Please do not be mean to Tatsumaki.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

This is canon.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Is Marshall Gorilla supposed to be a weird Cowboy Bebop reference? He looks basically exactly like Jet, but with the scar on the wrong eye, and Ed used a code name for him once that was Marshall Banana. Maybe I'm just looking too far into this.

Anyway, nice chapter. Excited to get the story moving a bit again.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Just re-make Bayonetta with Fubuki. Give her some psychic powers or something. Boom, OPM game.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Saitama mode is one long 24 hour long cutscene where he stays in his house, reads manga then goes out to get groceries.

Saitama goes to Millennium Tower for some unrelated business, accidentally is the one to blow it up this time.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

K. Flaps posted:

Fubuki Sex Simulator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4PO9wI1K5Y

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
I mean, it looks like he's throwing a punch from his Serious Series in that figure, so that's the face he'd be making.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Guy A. Person posted:

Saitama wouldn't get involved in their petty squabbles, he's probably running past everyone on the way to a special sale.

Besides, Saitama is already in a hero group that registers the country's heroes, and he completely disregards it and doesn't care. He doesn't really have a horse in the fight from the beginning.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

SyntheticPolygon posted:

You should finish Eyeshield 21 because it's good.

Unless you stopped at the world cup arc. In which case you can probably just read the epilogue.

Yeah, everything up to the end of the Teikoku arc is fantastic. It's seriously one of my favorite shonen manga ever. The world cup felt like a bunch of wheel spinning, but whatever.

Please read Eyeshield 21.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Crain posted:

I don't even remember where I left off on eyeshield 21. I think they were either still in or just finished with the America arc.

Or maybe it was when they faced that super science school? I don't remember if that came before or after or during the America arc...

You basically stopped right at the point where it goes from good to great. Everybody on the team gets their own football superpowers. Please return to it.

Or at least skip forward to the tournament arc. You'll miss a few good matches, but basically every superpower team built up so far gets resolved really well during the tournament.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The Dinosaur game is also pretty good but I like the Oujou rematch more because half of Oujou's team and even the coach had gotten pretty good focus throughout the entire manga and it's a culmination of a bunch of character arcs and it rules. Only Gaou and Marco are really interesting on the Dinosaur's team. Though I like Marco a lot because even though he's pretty much an evil football playing mobster he's the only person in the entire series to be as completely terrified of Sena and Hiruma. Which is a nice change of pace.

The Oujou match is definitely one of the best because it puts a bunch of well established characters in the spotlight. Basically everybody but Ishimaru gets their moment in the spotlight. That, and it has a stupid, anime only twist that's actually consistent with the rules of football, unlike Monta's thing in the Shinryuji game.

I will say, though, that Sena's last run in the Shinryuji game is one of my favorite sequences in any manga ever.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
You could probably make a pretty distinct contrast between joke Saitama and serious Saitama with lighting tricks, costume details and after affects. Joke Saitama has normal comedy movie lighting and a slightly baggy costume, and serious Saitama is heavily shadowed and has a better fitting costume.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

El Burbo posted:

Literally none of this will happen and it will be a bad movie (if its real)

Well, are we talking about a western studio trying to make an anime movie again, like with that DBZ movie? Because yeah, that'd be bad. I could see a Japanese studio putting in some effort, though, and at the very least getting to feel of it right.

If anybody's gonna make a OPM movie, though, I think I'd like it to be directed by Stephen Chow. Looking it up, though, he was a producer on that DBZ movie, so who the gently caress knows?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

This actually seems like a pretty good dub. I'll probably end up watching this again. Maybe I can finally get my roommate to watch it, too.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Pompadour = Excellent character. It's a rule.

This is exactly why Yu Yu Hakusho is so good, and why Kuwabara is its best character.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The anime should end at Metal Bat vs Garou.

I think this is the only fight I've like as much as the Boros fight, so I'd be OK with this.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Josuke Higashikata posted:

turtle paced genius.

He's my favorite A Class hero.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Fellis posted:

Crows also remember everything you do and pass that on to other generations so i wouldn't be caught saying anything bad about crows stay safe y'all

Have crows learned to use the internet? Are crows posting about anime? Have all of my worst fears come true?:ohdear:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Schwarzwald posted:

Saitama's not destroying the balance not because he's not reporting his kills, he's destroying the balance because the Heroes Association has very rigid system that determines how strong they believe a given hero or monster should be, and Saitama is proof that their methods are wrong.

Yes, this is it exactly. They took a guy who broke basically every record they had and ranked him the lowest, and then took a robot who looked cool and was decently strong and ranked him the highest. Saitama's beaten everything that's come at him, regardless of threat level, with ease, despite not having yet broken Rank B, while Rank S Genos has trouble with anything over, like, Tiger threat level. Rankings and Threat Levels are basically loose guidelines that end up being taken very seriously by those involved.

Zzulu posted:

Maybe the true monsters... were the monsters

This is a very ignorant statement. How dare you.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Wost slashfiction writing ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c2RTvP0bEQ

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Raxivace posted:

Yeah I think giving it an explanation any more complex than that would likely just ruin the joke.

As they say in the theme song to season 2 of The Leftovers, "let the mystery be".

Exactly. It's funnier if his power comes from simple exercise, and the dedication to actually doing it every day, rather than any sort of mystical or magical means. He's just a guy who actually kept up a workout routine for once.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
It's been said before, but the pacing of the tournament wouldn't seem so bad if the releases were more regular. It'll probably take, like, 2 episodes of an anime, if it's covered at all.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

RareAcumen posted:

He could end up traumatized instead and I wouldn't be shocked.

That'd be a really unsatisfying ending to this arc, but I guess it is technically a possibility.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah agreed. He may not end up becoming a hero but I think he will absolutely wind up with hope and faith in heroes and less concerned about an easy life that sometimes hurts others.

Right. Like, the reason he's gotten to where he is is because he stuck to his guns and didn't let himself become a monster. He's been saved by, what, 4 heroes now? There's no way he becomes jaded and quits. Even if he doesn't necessarily become a hero, he at least won't be as pompous and lovely as before.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Yeah, isn't filler usually used to describe arcs made up for anime adaptations that have run through the preexisting material? It's not like there's nothing for him to draw from, and as far as I know, One has a hand in writing it still.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
I guess filler means different things to different people. I hope we get a new sliver of a chapter soon so we can get a respite from filler chat, however brief.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Mulva posted:

Long running antagonists are fairly antithetical to the entire concept.

RareAcumen posted:

Normally they're not off screen.

I think these 2 things are basically linked. We had our braggart villain who assumed that his newfound monster power would make him stronger than any human. It was important for Suiryu to see Saitama take him down, since that was the monster that beat him. Saitama beating the monster that beat the monster was just extra, I guess to show Suiryu just how strong people can be. It didn't need to be shown because it wasn't as important.

I'm glad we're getting more pages at a time these days. Dare I hope for a quicker, or at least more consistent, release schedule?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Crimson Chin actually sounds like it could be the name of a hero in the association. Probably a high B rank, maybe a low A.