Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I still don't really like ONE's art, but drat can that guy lay out some panels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Very much appreciating what appears to be a very stupid arc. Good poo poo.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

UP AND ADAM posted:

Why remove a Lily appearance!? This is a travesty

Lily is there, she's just fighting the dude now instead of just standing there.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Since Metal Bat gets stronger the more damage he takes, do you think he runs faster the longer he's run for? Or does the strength only apply to his bat?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Donkringel posted:

Translation out

Our boy Sonic is back!

Very good chapter, and always a treat to get a proper ONE Tatsumaki. Good manga.

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Mar 9, 2023

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
PPP is probably also at least aware of the outcome of the Sea King fight.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
If it's shown that King has some sort of superpower and isn't just a scary looking guy that everyone intimidates themselves into losing to, I will be very disappointed.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Being a pro gamer is not a superpower.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Which version of the fight exists in the universe where Saitama and Garo talk it out at a dinner table?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Fubuki is on every cover.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Schwarzwald posted:

The whole "the S class heroes and also the whole Hero Association is unreliable and untrustworthy" bit would land harder if we didn't just have a story arc where they successfully defended the Earth from a very visible and credible threat.

Feels like it would fit more naturally as a follow up to some sort of fiasco where they hosed up what should have been an easy job.

Literally every thing that Saitama has saved people from has started by showing how ill-equipped the hero association is to deal with threats generally, and how hard it is to get S class heroes specifically to do anything. They're also correct to say that the association's power has been centralized to protect the wealthy, which I'm pretty sure has been explicitly stated by the board. The heroes themselves do save people, but it's in spite of the association rather than because of them.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
This also didn't happen in a vacuum. Heroes couldn't stop a meteor from hitting a city. They couldn't stop Deep Sea King, and the dome the association built didn't protect them. They couldn't stop aliens from destroying a city, even if they stopped them from destroying the planet. And same with the monster association too, except worse this time. Trusting in individual heroes that they can see saving people is one thing, but trusting in the association is another. Especially when they just keep consolidating resources to protect themselves and their investors first.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
It's been said before, but I do think it would be genuinely funny if we never see any actual action even once it starts, and it's just people telling the folks in the fort how things are going outside.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
You can tell Murata is unwell because he drew Captain Mizuki in a shirt.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

MorningMoon posted:

Murata solo animated a PV for the new Eyeshield 21 one-shot he's drawing
https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/1665705036268331011

Love this manga, this is the first time I've heard about a new one shot. Very cool. Murata has evolved a lot as an artist since then, so I'm excited to see when they do with it. Happy 21th, ES21.

Also, of all of the things to do it, seeing ES21 being 21 years old has made me withered and aged.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

No Wave posted:

So not to overthink it but why did the little guy only approach the bigger guy after 50 years? Did he want to live a full life before resetting?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Warden posted:

Well, Garou wasn't monsterized at the time, so Watchdogman just played with him for a bit. Remember when WM just laid his paw on top of Garou's open handed strikes?

This is still my favorite gag in the series.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Metal Bat also had to deal with trouble at a conveyor belt sushi restaurant. It must be a minimum requirement for S class.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Someone please photoshop the panel of Saitama biting Sonic's sword but replace the sword with an apple.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Professor Moriarty posted:

Pretty sure Evil Clone King would just challenge Real King to a Super Smash Bros match. And then eat all his snacks, because he's eeeeevil.

Framing it as going somewhere remote to not hurt anybody else, but just going to King's apartment until everything dies down.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
It would be very funny to me if this started a wave of all the enemies fighting each other, but the pov stays with the humans who stay at base and do more planning. No inter-enemy fighting is seen.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
It is a joke to us, the audience, not a joke being made by the character. He is acting earnestly, and that is part of the joke for us, the audience.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Bofoi is basically a cop in that he shows up to poo poo too late to do anything, and when he does show up on time, he either does nothing or makes things worse. And then to mediate the stuff that he didn't bother trying to prevent, he made a big walled city that he has personal control over a lot of and is using to pump investors for money for his walled city project. And he does this all away from anyone who could confirm what he's doing.

He's not necessarily a bad guy, but he ain't a hero.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
So is Viz trying to play up how silly this is by picking too extreme of a word, or did they gently caress up a joke that fan scans managed to do better?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
What kinda sucks is that the Mumen Rider and Amai Mask thing is usually a scanlation thing where dipshits won't translate something to "preserve the integrity of the original Japanese" or some poo poo. Proper localization should be the thing coming up with stuff Wild Emperor for their target audience.

I also think sometimes they forget this is supposed to be a gag manga.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Jerkface posted:

Fully sick honestly. Lets go Alio.

I think it'd be cool if we found out the heroes from each dimension are also decent foils for other monsters.

I also think it would be very funny to see Alio immediately jobbed to preserve the core premise of the story instead.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

How can king become stronger than he already is???
I'm fascinated

Maybe King will learn technique that Saitama didn't.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Can't read a lick of it, but very glad to clearly see Monako is safe.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Finding her is the fastest way to get Flashy Flash to leave him alone. So being nice is the best course of action.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Kung Fu Hustle, but with a closed fist instead of an open palm.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Bucswabe posted:

Just think of how incredible it will be when we get the first 2-page spread of an incredibly detailed Manako action pose!

Redrawing one of the Fubuki covers but she's replaced by Monako.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

This could also just be a picture of Monako.

e:

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 5, 2023

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I would hope that Flash is smart enough to see through this, but I also know he's incredibly stupid. I'm willing to bet Sonic manages to solve this for him in a very stupid way.

Mraagvpeine posted:

That's not Sonic, that's God's original character, Blonic.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

M_Gargantua posted:

Its kinda just in the English language now, since we just steal any word that we need to fill a new concept.

I think a lot of this in particular comes from typical localizations of terms like that end up sounding lame and/or being a mouthful. It's easier just to say "genjutsu" and figure your audience will eventually interpret that as "magic ninja spell" rather than committing to a term like "magic ninja spell" for every instance in the thing you're localizing.

Also, kids these days are allowed to know other countries exist with other cultures and stuff. We don't need Phoenix Wright eating hamburgers at a hamburger stall anymore, kids know what ramen is.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

suicide4sexbots posted:

so what happens when you push the Blast button?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Revins posted:

I want a 'meat." jacket

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Murata literally bursting at the seams having to draw lithe men fighting for a second time in a row. Poor guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Kumail Nanjiani could also do well as King, I think. A comedic actor who mostly played dweebs but got buff for some reason.