Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

AnonSpore posted:

Holy God that is a terrible translation, please don't read it, and if the other chapters mangapanda has done are anything like that too, please forget you ever read them as well.
Agreed, I wish I had read this post before I tried to read the chapter.

I'm usually pretty tolerant of poor quality translations or typos, but that was complete rubbish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

QuasiQuack posted:

There's a boob-mobile in that second video and i need to know what it's from :dance:
Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
The only thing missing from that shot that was in the manga was that the building wasn't covered in blood, it actually broke in half and collapsed from the impact. Maybe Murata will fix it for the blurays... But overall I think the cut still did a pretty good job of selling how absurdly overpowered Saitama is.

Pretty much everything I thought was better or worse in the manga is mostly due to the differences in the medium, so imo the adaptation is great. The cut after Saitama lands from the consecutive normal punch and looks at the other guy was way better than the manga because it nailed the motion and the audio cue. Although the audio editing immediately after that while the mole man was trying to run away seemed off to me.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

With this series logic, and just how much fun it would be, I don't think Mumen Rider should ever get super-strength or the like. If he was to get powers it would be better if constantly rushing to the scene on his bike eventually gave him super-speed, exclusively when he's on the bike, or some sort of "Justice Shield" where the more people he was defending the more damage he could take.

Ok, now I really want to see him do a "Justice Crash" at a significant fraction of the speed of light.

What if his super power is that he is actually immortal, but otherwise no different from the average human physically.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Schwarzwald posted:

He's has a little button on his back that shoots his limbs out, Incredible Crash Dummies style.

No, his limb joints are just a little too small for the sockets and fall out easily from any vibration or movement.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
I wouldn't be particularly surprised if it turns out it was Genos himself that went berserk and destroyed his own village.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
People come to Reigan with imagined problems, Reigan pretends to fix them while solving their real problems instead.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

ninjewtsu posted:

do the production committees ever make decisions like "this anime needs to look absolutely spectacular?" what are their tools for making that happen? the impression i've gotten whenever these threads talk about it is that good animation is essentially wholly a product of the production staff deciding that they want it to look good (and are willing to not sleep for the next few days to make a gorgeous cut), and there isn't really a mechanism for a production committee to sink in more money for better animation.

There is one method for the production committee to generally give a show higher quality animation, by budgeting more of the most important resource of them all: give the staff more time so they can run on a schedule that humans can actually keep. When a production falls apart it is almost always because the schedule was impossible and they ran out of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

At least it's better than Berserk I guess.
One Punch Man S2 anime thread: At least it's better than Berserk I guess.

Indeed, A fine example of damming something with faint praise.