Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The other low-rank heroes scraped up a bit of courage via teaming up when they had nowhere left to run. Licenseless Rider took on a giant monster who had just torn a combat cyborg to pieces. He specifically chose to risk his life for others when he could have just left instead. And as far as I can tell, in spite of how he is a parody of Kamen Rider he is just some dude who rides a bike without any special abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
There is nothing to indicate that the Sea King is any more dangerous than the other stuff Saitama has beaten with one punch. The only thing that will fly away are the tiny bits of meat that used to be his torso.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mr. Fowl posted:

Really? Did Beetle Guy have heart pasties? I rest my case.

God, not another heart pasties-based power level argument. At times like these, I wish that ONE had never introduced heart pasty scouters.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Did they ever explain why everyone was so obsessed with roller skates?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

JosephWongKS posted:

Now that he's a registered Hero, I'd presume that he gets a stipend or allowance from the Heroes' Association. Before that, he was probably living off his savings from the days when he was still a salaryman.

He was a failed salaryman. He never successfully got a job, and then immediately began his arduous training regimen after fighting the crab guy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Ha ha, you say that like Saitama leaves any monsters alive.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

PaganGoatPants posted:

Sonic Sound of Speed!

He hasn't killed any humans, no.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ironsoviet posted:

I thought he still thinks Saitama is lying to him about his ridiculous training regimen and hiding what really made him so strong.

Nah, Genos acknowledges that Saitama doesn't seem to know how he got so strong. He still respects Saitama, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
If someone turns into a giant crab from eating too much crab, is anyone going to think of them as human? It helps that all of the monsters are dicks, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

MegaCharger posted:

Seems most of the heroes are equally big dicks to be honest.

Most people in general are dicks.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Most of the heroes are just normal guys with no special powers or even talents. Excessive and unwarranted self-confidence isn't limited to Saitama.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Of course 1000 g's would affect your reproductive system. It would also affect all of your other systems, what with how you would die instantly.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It was raining, so the sea king was at full strength, too. Saitama winning isn't surprising, but that he did so in front of witnesses who knew who he was is.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Nice piece of fish posted:

Murata is pretty much a genious. Personally, I'm not a real big fan of mangas or manwas, but there is no denying that I have never seen anyone do this medium as well as he does. I would pick this over any other comic art I've ever seen. Are there any who compare, across all genres?

He's the Saitama of the comic world. One-page man. All it takes to blow you away.

Oh my, yes. Murata is an incredible comics artist, but he is hardly the only one, japanese or otherwise.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Saitama is the strongest, not the most heroic. Time after time, that has been Genos' role.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

I find it amusing that the jailhouse rapist is one of the most heroic chracters in the series.

Note that he specified that it was for all the men who were killed. I don't think he cares that much about the women.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

Lord Boros' old armor design looks familiar...

I guess that's why Murata did a redraw, his original design looked too much like Darkness Blade.

I keep comparing those two pictures and I can't see any similarities aside from how they are both wearing black armor. Every tiny detail is different. Even the fact that they both have pointy shoulders is meaningless because the points are still completely different. Really, it is kind of amazing how dissimilar they are. Murata's kind of crazy with character designs.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
That door being blown in was beautiful.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

RatHat posted:

Aw, I prefer the translation they used in the original for Atomic Samurai's response to finding out about the marble.

"Duly noted. That means all I have to do is keep cutting until I cut the vital marble!"

Makes him sound a lot more stubborn. Anyway, can't wait for next chapter. It has one of my favourite jokes in the series.

Eh, this version of Atomic Samurai isn't particularly formal. Just look at him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Nyaa posted:

We need to clone Murata and fill an anime studio full of his clones. It will be the greatest achievement of humanity ever. :argh:

And then thanks to how the anime industry works, only the fittest clones would manage not to starve to death. Too bad they would never receive enough of a budget to animate anything well.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Unknownone posted:

Translation for chapter 34

Well Might have to rename the series TWO punch man?

The name is a play on Anpan Man.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Soulcleaver posted:

We'll probably get an update in a week or two with extra pages showing more of the fight.

Yeah? That's how it has been going for months now. OPM consists of sequential art paired with dialogue balloons.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Bang attained rank 3 as a mere elderly martial artist with no special powers. Like hell he can't take a punch.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
His art is very rough, but he puts a lot of effort put into the perspectives and flow of action. Murata is awesome on his own merits, but his version is frequently a panel-by-panel reproduction of ONE's original. In other words, while ONE isn't a great artist, he is great at using comics to tell a story.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
There are far too many heroes who think they are much stronger than they really are. Even though biology is rather malleable in this setting, just desiring to be the strongest isn't enough to make it true. Heck, Saitama never really wanted such a remarkable level of power. He wanted to be stronger, not the strongest.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Shugojin posted:

Well he wanted to be the cool hero who shows up and ends it in just one punch. He got exactly what he asked for, it just turns out that it sucks.

He just wanted to be a hero for kicks. I don't recall any mention of Saitama specifically wanting the ability to one-shot monsters.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Yeah, that thing was absolutely sent by Metal Knight.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Zerilan posted:

Old Man of the Underworld was pretty good too. ONE's series kind of have a trend of having the titular character be incredibly powerful compared to other characters in their setting, but don't really want/care about being that powerful and trying to live fairly normal lives (or at least normal for that setting's standards).

They all examine different aspects of having incredible power. Saitama deliberately set out to acquire power, but didn't find fulfillment in being a hero once he obtained it. Mob was born with his (frequently envied) power, but he only desires things that his power can't help him attain. I've only read a few chapters of old man here and there, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ONE is a good writer, so no. That was just something one dumbass in this thread came up with.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Zombieman hasn't done anything in this version yet.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
He visited the survivors of the house of evolution, but that was just a conversation. Nothing about his abilities has been mentioned.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

RatHat posted:

Pretty sure that hasn't happened yet in this version yet either dude.

Huh, could have sworn it had. But I've checked and you are correct.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

It starts midway into chapter 56 of ones version

The point was that it hasn't happened in Murata's version. That's what this whole discussion was about. There was no question that it had happened in the original version.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Bang is actually very modest. He is an elderly martial artist with no superhuman abilities who is still the rank 3 hero, but he doesn't make a fuss about it. So it follows that he wouldn't start blabbing everywhere about Saitama when the man in question doesn't care much about fame.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

I am curious and horrified to see what would happen in a Kentaro Miura version of Onepunch Man.

Miura has such an all-consuming passion for drawing long flowing hair that trying to draw detailed Saitama would simply kill him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Her dress only gets skin-tight when she uses her powers to create wind, which is a nice touch. And really, can you blame Murata? He has had approximately 0 chances to draw attractive women thus far in this manga. An artist who likes to draw women isn't exactly unusual.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Sonic got sent to super homogay prison for men which a super homogay hero used as his private harem.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
What Sonic thinks he is capable is not a very good indication of what he is capable of. That's kind of his thing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

The fly in the early chapters had the right idea. Annoy Saitama. Get him to use a full powered punch on himself.

Her mosquito swarm probably came closer than anything else to actually hurting Saitama. He is amazingly resilient, but not completely invulnerable. He can bleed, so if the mosquitos could pierce his skin (granted, that's a pretty big if) they could drain him dry. Of course, he could have gotten rid of them in any number of ways, but Saitama prefers to solve problems by talking it out and/or punching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Dude's got no bulk because he is fixated on speed. There, mystery solved.