Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I read all of this the other day. Its absurdly wonderful!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

Well, there's 88 chapters out and counting.

Murata updates at a pace of (nominally) 2 weeks per chapter, sometimes splitting one of ONE's chapters into two, so if we assume that he covers 20 of ONE's chapters per year, that's still around a year and a half until the first scene where S rankers actually do something major.

So wait, most chapters haven't even been translated yet?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Meme Emulator posted:

88 chapters of the original webcomic that looks like a child drew it.

Everything redrawn is translated and scanned.

Was he taking notes from Yoshihiro Togashi?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Zorak posted:

Please read the loving OP. You're sounding like a complete moron by not doing so.

Oh, I had never heard of this before the redrawn version, so I assumed that it was entirely Murata's work.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Elysiume posted:

The little girl is actually omnipotent so I think the original version is improved by not knowing the context.

In the comic? There's more?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Minus was fantastic. I enjoyed the idea of an omnipotent little girl who treats solutions as a child would.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

It's kind of hard to tell, that image should be slowed down a little

I see why, because there needs to be an extra keyframe or three between him landing and bending over because it's too jittery of motion

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Mar 1, 2013

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

That chapter was horribly translated.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So was the original translated into english?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/13457243

murata is streaming again

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm trying to find the translations of the original 29-31 but batoto for some reason only displays down to 32 for some loving reason. Anyone know where to look?

edit: seems the translator only started at 32 :\

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 21:04 on May 31, 2013

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Well the next arc seems pretty badass. Can't wait to see that with murata's art.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

What the gently caress I don't like King's design

Zombieman looks pretty dope though.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

coathat posted:

Well here you go. http://www.vizmanga.com/weekly-shonen-jump/signup?full=true

It's in the October 28rh issue if you for some reason don't want to subscribe.

I'm not registering for this. Guess I'm gonna miss out.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So what I can find is that there is no way to read (new) OPM unless you subscribe to jump? Did scanlator's just drop off the truck?

edit: time to unsubscribe to this thread then. I like this enough to read it, but not enough to pay a single cent for it. Sorry Murata.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Nov 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

evilspacehopper posted:

So Boon himself dropped this because Viz caught up but Ultimate King and some other 4Chan users have just finished translating the latest chapter. They've put it up on Boons site too so it's pretty much business as usual.

And now it's up on Batoto.

Good, cause I'm never buying into a web only app for manga and frankly I was going to write off ever reading this again if it wasn't available online in some fashion.

Now I can see glorious artwork I would have stood in the bookstore for 15 minutes reading paid for in book form