Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

:swoon: How soon can we get an anime of this?

It's a trick question, the answer is not soon enough. The action scenes are stellar and the comedy is wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

AnonSpore posted:

So the new chapter is out in Japanese, and it turns out that all the coloring stuff that Murata was streaming the past few days was for this chapter, which is in glorious full color. And if you follow Hunter x Hunter the cover has a nice reference.

Pretty much the entire chapter in an animated gif:

:hawaaaafap: That looks goddamn amazing. The coloring is very striking and the detail is fantastic.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Man the mangapanda quick translation that has shown up is horrible. I'll just ignore all the words until a proper group gets involved and instead worship at the shrine of Murata. Simply awe inspiring.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
That last panel just absolutely perfectly sums up this manga. :swoon:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

AnonSpore posted:

According to Murata's twitter tomorrow's chapter is going to be a little short. The reason for this is because he's going for 100 pages in the chapter after it. Seriously. The man is insane, hahaha.

My name is Murata, king of kings:
Look upon my works, ye Mighty, and :stare::fh:

It's going to be 50 2-page spreads, isn't it?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Final chapter obviously is a fourth-wall breaking 200 page re-enactment of Take on Me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djV11Xbc914

Murata being pulled into the comic to help defeat the final boss.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Daler Mehndi posted:

Those poor aliens. :(

That was my immediate thought too. :ohdear: Hopefully some of them survive to work for the Heros.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

JosephWongKS posted:

Here's a version in colour, without words.

:aaaaa::fh: I want to see the whole series in color. And animated.

I hope this keeps escalating forever but I don't know how it could after this arc.

e: vvv Excellent.

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jun 29, 2014

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nahxela posted:

Genos is looking good.

That rocketpunch, man.

It's a pretty great panel for showcasing the tone of the series if you ask me:

Saitama. :allears:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rexides posted:

Will be adapted by a studio that was formed just for this and a cast of unknowns. 8 episodes in, a very perceptive blogger will point out that the show is just Murata flipping over pages of his manga in front of a camera.

I'll settle for this if Murata also does all the voices himself. :colbert:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Aurain posted:

I'm not because OPM is highly acclaimed, has an anime coming and is super good, so more quality content it has, more people can buy or eventually buy, more money for ONE and Murata.

I hope they get all the loving money and this series goes for a thousand chapters and it never gets old. I will never tire of the stoic face gimmick.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

:buddy: Flawless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

GimmickMan posted:

"You're not even wearing a tanktop, so don't overdo it."

My favorite part of this chapter, so good.