Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I love this manga so much. The art and the humor are just so goddamn good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
That cover work is loving fantastic.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
You expect exactly what you get, yet it always exceeds your expectations in how well done it is.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

GoatLord posted:

The first page of the chapter had a guy with Testicle written on his back. There was really nothing that could be surprising after that.
The guy's name is Golden Ball, too. Oh, Japanese euphemisms~

Serious Frolicking posted:

That hole in the ground was the result of Saitama's fight against the house of evolution. I'm guessing that most of the damages were also due to fights in previous chapters.
Yeah, I think this is what the Association is investigating. The monster they keep sensing is just Saitama running around the city or something like that.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Roland Jones posted:

After Saitama, Watchdog has the most cartoony appearance in the comic. Meanwhile Genos and a few others have hyper-detailed, "cool" appearances. It's an inverted bell curve, the further to either side you are, the more powerful. If you're a regular person who isn't either really awesome or completely silly (and really awesome), you're hosed.
Hey man, what about Horse in a suit hero? That guy is pretty wacky.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Zorak posted:

I get the feeling it may eventually be a thing that someone tries to defeat Saitama via psychological warfare.

If not that, mystical bullshit. Even Supes is weak to mystical bullshit.
I imagine Saitama isn't smart enough to interpret psychological warfare, and that'll end up with him being oblivious and just punching things as normal.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
God, I love this manga so much. The entire time I kept thinking to myself, "Wait, that's not supposed to be Saitama, is he? He talks kind of like him, but he's drawn differently... Really loved how that worked out.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
It took me longer than I'd like to admit to remember the left to right vs. right to left distinction for page flipping when going from Western media to Eastern media.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Zero_Tactility posted:

I keep expecting that one punch to be less satisfying at some point, but hot drat if that wasn't glorious.
Yeah, that's pretty amazing. We all know that this is one-punch man, and it's all going to come down to that one punch, but that one punch retains all of its excitement every single time. One/Murata are the ultimate manga combo.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Hahahahahahahahahahaha.
The very end of that chapter.

Saitama missed a special sale on seafood. He looks at the news about giant sea creatures running about the city. This is just like that one mysterious being with the seaweed hair that beat up the rapier/fencing guy and the golden ball guy.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Well, poo poo, Saitama :smith:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
All the other heroes didn't really do much to the Sea King and Saitama literally punched a hole through him as his first and only attack. I'm pretty sure Saitama didn't get any help from the previous fighters by them weakening the Sea King.

At the very least, maybe Licenseless Rider will go up a notch. Maybe he'll even get a license.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Mystic Mongol posted:

I hope not, he's the perfect C rank hero. He saves cats from trees and helps find lost objects, he stands up to bullies and he guides old ladies across the street.

If nothing else, having him at rank C-1 means you have to be in some way exceptional to advance to B rank, you can't just do a lot of good until you're promoted beyond your capabilities.
He will climb the ranks by saving more cats in trees. He will become the S Rank cat saving hero we need :colbert:

~Cat Saver Licenseless Rider~

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

tsob posted:

Pretty sure popular support doesn't get you a motorbike license - though I guess if the president or Emperor or whatever is in charge in this fictional Japan was in the crowd, then it might be different.
What about burning shonen biker spirit?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Licenseless Rider once again rides in the name of justice (and ramen)~

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
The city is under attack by UFOs, what is your first course of action?

Protect the supermarket because there is a sale on beef tomorrow.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

JosephWongKS posted:

Watchdog Man! :swoon:
Look at him sitting there :allears:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
The top of the Tank Tops is there :allears:

Also, I can't wait to see Metal Bat do a cool thing.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Saitama has self branded underwear/speedos

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

international owl day posted:

No, but I tried to do the pushups in a single set, my arms gave out around 45, so I took like a 10 second break, did 10-15 more and took another 10 second break and repeated until I got to 100, and now my shoulder hurts really bad when I do pushups, so I'm going back to 3 sets until I am stronger.
I bet you use the A/C in summer and the heater in winter.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Normal Punch Combo will always make me laugh, no matter how many times I see its name.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
You have to turn off the A/C in the summer.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
New link for Salmon: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/262365/onepunch-man_ch29.5_by_nerieru-scans

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
His will is weak to good sales.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Genos is looking good.

That rocketpunch, man.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Timid posted:

It might be just me, but i really wanted king to be the real deal
Uwa, watch what you say! The King Engine is Roaring!

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Jotaro and Star Platinum are towards the left of the 2000 one, under Yoh/Shaman King dude and Gin/Gintama dude.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Sub Harrison posted:

Great recommendation. Just started reading tonight. Haven't laughed liked this at a manga since Ranma 1/2. I'm up to the part where he registers himself with the superhero agency.
You should also read Mob Psycho 100. It's like OPM, but the main character is a psychic teenager.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Why do you say that? Still have that whole organization running around and all. Also, we need more Reigen.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
If Saitama was better, King wouldn't be able to hog the powerups. Saitama needs to train more.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Shugojin posted:

Saitama is at an inherent disadvantage while playing videogames because he has to hold back unspeakably in order to not just shatter the controller when he tries to press a button.
King is the strongest man alive :colbert:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I need a Satanmart

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Parrotine posted:

This is the only anime adaptation where i'd actually be cool with seeing filler for.

Every episode would be akin to the Goku and Piccolo driver's ed filler.

Saitama goes to the store on a milk run, fights a dairy cow monster!
The occasional omake chapter is basically that, and they are good chapters, so I would be cool with that.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Good one shot.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Rivensteel posted:

What happens when Garou goes after him? :ohdear:
The King Engine will roar.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
This is the greatest thing in the world.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Mr. Fowl posted:

Mod Challenge: 100x push-ups, crunches, squats and 10km every day NO AC until they go bald.
You are only going to make that person powerful

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I wonder what that Genos' arms are made of.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I think this episode skipped Bang protecting Genos from some meteor shrapnel, unless I just wasn't paying attention. A pretty minor thing, but I wanted to see more of animated Bang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
e: There are too many threads.

Nahxela fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Nov 24, 2015