Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

failedninja
Nov 29, 2008
Oh my god a two-page spread to literally zoom in on one panel. This comic is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

failedninja
Nov 29, 2008
That would own, but unfortunately it's mostly the translator being weird.

Umabourne is supposed to be Umabone, as in horse's bone, which means a mysterious man from a mysterious land.
Mashrule is supposed to be a pun on mushroom.
Watchdog is supposed to be Watchdog Man. I think this is important.

failedninja
Nov 29, 2008
M...Maybe we should give up...!?

failedninja
Nov 29, 2008
It's a joke.

The continent is shaped like Saitama Prefecture.

failedninja
Nov 29, 2008

The Lord of Hats posted:

That is just stupidly good. The coloring in particular is absolutely beautiful, it reminds me a lot of Marvels, which was painted by Alex Ross. It's just beautiful. I can't stop watching that .gif.
The appeal of the two works is similar for me as well, with how much respect and attention to detail the artists pay the original while still expanding and adding to it in a way that only people with their talent can do.

The difference of course being Murata's i-banker lifestyle, and that's not including all the redraws for the volumes, the little fixes he keeps making to please even the most pickiest of fans, and painting 3-D bikini girls on his hand. I love him but I worry.

failedninja
Nov 29, 2008

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

I though this was his hero name. Maybe I am just making up memories.

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/141999/onepunch-man_ch17.1_by_boon-scanlation/4

failedninja
Nov 29, 2008
And he's going to have to redraw them all for the volume version.

failedninja
Nov 29, 2008

Shindragon posted:

And isn't he like the first guy out of the heroes to ya know actually beat an enemy on screen. All the other heroes always get their rear end kicked or get hosed up to the point they have to leave the screen. Until Saitama shows up and just one punches everything which fine with me because most of these heroes are just douchebags.

Except Watchdog-man.

It barely counts but those B rank suits ganged up on that one guy and beat him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

failedninja
Nov 29, 2008

AtomikKrab posted:

I for some reason like these, might be my overactive imagination but they feel just as good as what murata does (art means next to nothing to me due to roguelikes :story uber alles:).

Art means a lot to me but that's why I like ONE so much. I think there's a term for it, but there's something about sketchbooks, doodles, or otherwise rushed and incomplete drawings that pull me in a lot more than a big, grand, museum-type painting that some guy slaved years over can ever do. Like it's more human or something? I like Murata too of course, but I'm happy the translator decided to work on the ONE version.