Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Liar posted:

I have to wonder if even without a flesh and blood body the rules of the Onepunch universe will someday apply to him, and he'll achieve superior power just through his own desperate effort to everyday strive to be the best hero there is.

So far it hasn't worked for Licenceless Rider, though. One of the strongest sense of justice and heroism in the series, but he's still weak when it comes to actual fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

international owl day posted:

Well I started Saitama's strength training. After 35 days I have to say its pretty intense.

Hang in there! Only 1,060 days to go!

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tollymain posted:

On the other hand, having a network of people who know who to call for when and where the crazy poo poo shows up would be a pretty handy thing.

Also Licenseless Rider could speed his arrival at least marginally :v:

How could Licenseless Rider possibly ride faster than Saitama can run / walk / crawl / jump?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Watchdog Man! :swoon:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sindai posted:

I desperately want to know why dog suit man is S-class.

He's really, really good at destroying monsters. Remember that panel of him standing on a giant pile of dead monsters and reporting back to HQ that there was "Nothing unusual"?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dragonatrix posted:

Speaking of which, I didn't notice before now, but Licenceless Rider's in that picture too. :allears:

Although Licenseless Rider may not possess the raw strength and power of the S-Class heroes, his great heart and heroic spirit makes him their equal in every way that matters.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
EDIT: Ah well.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Soulcleaver posted:

I just started reading this and I'm loving it. The protagonist isn't very smart, skilled, charismatic, or hard-working. He just wants to stay at home and clip coupons for sweet deals at the grocery store. By all accounts he's a total fuckup. Oh, except that he appears to be completely invincible and can demolish ultra-powered metahumans and titanic behemoths, instantly, with no effort whatsoever. And no one likes him for it.

Liceneless Rider and Genos like him for it. :colbert:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Do you think the hundred sit ups, hundred push ups, and 100 squats are all in one set or do you think it's multiple sets? Cause I can do 100 sit ups no problem one set, but I can't do 100 push ups or squats in less than four sets yet. I'm not going bald but I did find a couple grey hairs in my goatee, do you think I'm getting close?

Don't forget to also run 10 km a day, eat three meals a day (ideally with breakfast comprising just a banana), and avoid using any air-conditioning or central heating.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

evilspacehopper posted:

And now it's up on Batoto.

What kind of school is Child Emperor attending that even he needs to attend cram school?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

international owl day posted:

Its easier than you think.

Today is day 101, for those keeping track.

I'm still doing 3 sets.

How much hair have you lost so far?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Side-chapter is out - http://mangafox.me/manga/onepunch_man/c030.1/1.html

In which Saitama has lunch on a roof-top and saves a dude with his chopsticks.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The King Engine is roaring!

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
At long last, a new chapter!

http://www.mangareader.net/onepunch-man/40/1

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 20, 2013

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Once Murata catches up on Onepunch-Man, he can start redrawing ONE's other manga Mob Psycho 100.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Soulcleaver posted:

Why don't the pathetic nerds who jack off ten times a day becomes invincible spaceship-smashers then?

Because I want in on that

Nerds who jack off ten times a day either lack enough money for three meals a day, or lack enough discipline to limit themselves to only three meals a day.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thoren posted:

Can someone explain the hiatus?

Murata is busy improving his skills.

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/242580/onepunch-man_ch34.55_by_nerieru-scans/2 posted:

"We apologise for the lack of updates lately. Murata Yuusuke is currently improving his skills from the animation department at Toei, so please enjoy this extra chapter that originally came out in the Young Jump magazine. The next update will be on 15th May."

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bisse posted:

On another note:

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/245500/onepunch-man_ch34.6v2_by_nerieru-scans/9

I love this shot and the disparity between the two's fighting styles. Boros is making GBS threads himself giving all he's got. Saitama however is mostly flapping his arms around in some kind of improvised 100 Crack Fist move, he doesn't even clench his fist. It's obvious that although he's god the speed reflexes and power of a god, Saitama has no skills at all when it comes to fighting style. (Which is logical when you don't even need to put any effort in in the first place)

Makes you wonder what kind of punches he could throw if he took a karate lesson. (And did 100 katas a day with no breaks, even when it's really hard, and with the AC turned off)

Maybe one day he will actually take up Bang's offer to be his student, and combine Bang's fighting technique with his own godlike speed, reflexes and power. :swoon:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

jwang posted:

Someone make a gif of that final sequence. It's just too good.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

jwang posted:

Thank you good sir, that's loving beautiful.

To clarify, it wasn't done by me. I found it on another forum.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Here's a version in colour, without words.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Sandman posted:

So what would Saitama's name be as a Stand?

Personally, I'm thinking "We Are The Champions".

"Today was the Special Sale Day!"

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jul 8, 2014

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

khy posted:

He has no visible weaknesses

Being completely bald is rather visible.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Holy poo poo THE KING ENGINE IS ROARING I am so HYPED :allears:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
But then he'll lose his magnificent mullet. :(

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, Genos and King are pretty much the only conventionally "cool" characters among the S-Class hero.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
EDIT: Nvm, I missed the link to the latest chapter on the last page.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 4, 2015

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

RareAcumen posted:

I got most of them but what're these references?

References to the current arc in Berserk.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

RareAcumen posted:

Oh, they're both Berserk? Huh.

Guts and his crew are currently (still) traveling on a boat to Elf Island.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

chumbler posted:

And here I was certain Tatsumaki would be voiced by Rie Kugimiya.

Rie will be voicing Fubuki.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

MonsterEnvy posted:

Apparently wearing a Tank Top gives one super powers in this universe.

What if Saitama wore a tank top?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bernardo Orel posted:

Gee, I wonder why she ended up in second place.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Avulsion posted:

Gee, I wonder why he ended up in third place.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Never have I been so excited about a tournament arc in any series.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gyges posted:

Genos is the best friend a bald man could have.

Saitama lost his hair and became strong. Does that mean that if he undergoes a hair weave, he will lose his strength?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's a scene where Saitama is dreaming about having a decent fight, right? He's actually working up a sweat against trash mobs, which is not possible in his real life.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Yeah the very end of the clip has his alarm clock waking him

Ah, I missed that part.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Genos "whatever girls get when they like a pretty boy anime guy." Coincidentally with all that we're getting a hype-rear end anime.

In the case of Genos, literal hype-rear end merchandise.

Hellsau posted:

If that Shinozaki manga is truthful then look forward to Genos mousepads with the butt.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why was a bear even there in the first place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Binary Badger posted:

Unless your name is Tim Buckley

Or Michael "Mookie" Terracciano, in which case your art gets worse after more than a decade of drawing every day.