Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Battle Strudel
Jan 1, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

Jeez, you weren't kidding, a 72 piece set costs upwards of 360 dollars. Haha, gently caress getting a PS4 then.

Thanks so much for the info! I think I'll start with some basic colors and a skin tone set, and work my way up from there. I'm honestly surprised people have figured out that much from his stream, given how it's in Japanese and it's really rare when he says anything.

I got to say though, god drat this last chapter. it's too amazing.

If you're just getting started on Copics, try picking up Copic Ciaos instead of Sketches. They're smaller so don't last as long without refilling, but they're cheaper and still have the same neat bendy brush-like tip Sketches have. Ciaos + Refils work out cheaper in the long run anyway, and they do some good sets as well. You'll wanna pick up a colourless blender as well as your basic colours.

Watching the stream though, a lot of the really polished stuff does come from his paints, just his brushes seem to have a thick barrel so they look quite like pens. I'm curious what brushes he's using, getting the right brush makes such a difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU