Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I just read this and holy poo poo OPM is great. Saitama may be the best protagonist since god knows when.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
We need an :murata: emoticon. I propose a :stare: that's just growing and growing until it explodes into a million little :stare::s because holy hell man what is he doing here? I mean, there's putting effort in your work and then there's this.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Bisse posted:

Of course, but the thing is she actually has an attack that can kill Saitama. If he can get to mosquito girl without getting hit by the swarm, then yes the round is over, but if mosquito lady (who is fast and can fly) can manage to stay away, until Saitama is hit by the swarm, then the round is also over.

What you're saying is the same thing as saying Batman can beat Superman because has all the informationz and planz. Yes, but if Superman throws the moon at the earth, and then the moon/earth pancake into the sun, then Batman will lose. Man I wish I remember where I saw that pic.

If some hundred-ton sea monster can't hurt Saitama with his punches, I don't think that the humble mosquito's sting can pierce his skin either.

So no, Mosquitoes can't beat Saitama. On the other hand, it might be that Saitama can't beat the mosquitoes either.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Condiv posted:

I swear to god I saw that mosquito bite him.

I went back and looked, and no, it never bit him. Saitama was just annoyed by it getting away.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Condiv posted:

check again:

I think you're reading things into the story.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Bob Quixote posted:

That still makes him at least some sort of antisocial sadist.

Guys an rear end in a top hat.

To be fair, that puts him on level with like half of the heroes we've seen so far.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's pretty neat how the series still manages to build some serious tension despite the fact that the protagonist is literally invincible.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Cut it out already you boobs.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Covok posted:

Also, just to chime in quickly, God level probably exists because, in Japanese mythology, gods aren't omnipotent, omniscient, benevolent beings and fighting/killing them is very much possible in their legends, but would be a herculean task. Also, it is interesting to think that Boros was a god level threat and, unless I'm misremembering, was just able to not get one hit by Saitama. They should invent a new level for a Saitama level threat. Probably called it "a You're Just Plain hosed" threat.

Boros managed to not get oneshotted by Saitama when Saitama was pulling his punches Then he got oneshotted when Satama didn't pull his punches quite as much.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Garou is awesome. Not only is it a purely visual delight to watch him do his thing, but he's also got this interesting contrast between his goal of becoming the ultimate monster and the fact that he still has ethical rules when it comes to picking his targets. Since he's not a complete rear end in a top hat it makes it easy to root for the guy when he does something cool, and that's a really nice thing in a villain.

Besides that, more or less every matchup between a S-class hero and Garou that I can think of would be hype as gently caress.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Darth Walrus posted:

Maybe replace health with a time mechanic where you have to complete objectives in X amount of time or the mission fails/you don't get neat bonuses?

Make it so that you play as some rando pro hero and have to complete objectives in X amount of time or Saitama shows up and oneshots the monster/challenge.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Tatsumaki is all right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
You know a series is good when it can have a super strong and good chapter consisting mostly of two knuckleheads shooting the poo poo. Also the dog was extremely good.