Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I don't really see this as Tornado being into Saitama (but who knows) so much as being the protective older sister. Fubuki probably is tho. I feel like Tornado is crushing on Genos a bit after the whole thing what with getting his help.

Metal Bat remains one of the best characters tho. This whole arc has been amazing :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I just wanna have hot pot with Saitama and play games with King. Don't romance walking/flying red flags, hang with your bros y'all.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

SpacePig posted:

Being a pro gamer is not a superpower.

Really it's a disability.

King is so cool tho :3:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Metal Bat is legit as hell. He has all the traits of a usual anime hero, minus the talking. Which I appreciate. I do love the running gag of *everyone* slowly getting more and more annoyed at monologues and long explanations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Mr. Lobe posted:

He talks about as much as a Yusuke, who he clearly takes some cues from

The only Yusuke I know was watching a friend play Persona 5. Google tells me there's an anime guy that looks kind of like him which makes more sense.

I just like Metal Bat, he's neat.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The only animes I know are Trigun (I liked it), My Hero Academia (my girl makes me watch it), Attack on Titan (my ex loved it, it is awful), and bits and pieces of anime I have seen here and there. I am not really an anime person :shobon:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I heard it was good with punching and also there's a weeb in it who is actually cool and awesome even tho he's not the main guy. It sounds good, should I watch it y/n?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
He's got a thing for monster girls and can any of us fault that? If you can then this might not be the comic for you.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

oh jay posted:

I doubt he speaks English.

Well I can't speak Japanese and I can sure understand what he says, so I think you're off the mark buddy.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
King is such a good influence for Saitama. I want him and Monaco to get along :3:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I thought the animation in season two was fine, the story was just the manga but moving and I'll be honest I'm just here to see *at least* one punch.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm not against better animation at all, I just enjoyed season 2 regardless. It was definitely a step down from the first season, but I enjoyed the show too much to rally get upset about the animation.

Now realistically why doesn't someone just ask Murata to redraw season 2? It might kill him, but he'd do it.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I was under the impression that half the time ONE is taking a break and Murata is a workaholic who chooses to do redraws rather than stop for one second.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
As a general rule live-action adaptations of things don't go terribly well, and then you got a writer known for Rick and Morty who could possibly be seen as, uh, not the right vibes we'll say, for a One Punch Man adaptation.

Like it could be great, or it'll be really bad, and historically speaking bring the popcorn and poo poo talking lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
If the quality is closer to a Marvel comic adaptation than a Shyamalan Avatar adaptation it could be alright. But like, holy poo poo why are anime live-actions so bad almost all the time lmao

I think the advantage with OPM is the humour is parody based and also a lot closer to what a regular rear end, non-anime fan would expect in terms of humour. So we'll see!

I'm gonna assume it'll be terrible and maybe be wonderfully surprised tho.