Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Mr. Fowl posted:

To be fair, the dog guy keeps an entire city safe all by himself.
His face is also drawn in the same simple style as Saitama and Tatsumaki. Confirmed heavy-hitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Did the second most powerful esper on Earth just pull a box cutter?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Even Boros' power is suspect, if you think Saitama was just humoring him.

EDIT: Though considering his whole shtick is searching the galaxy for a worthy opponent, I suppose we could infer he's stronger than all his underlings (Melzalgald, specifically).

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 24, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Saitama was just humoring him, though, what else were you supposed to think?
I've run into too many people making too much of the fact that it took Saitama more than one hit to off him.

Similiar experience with the ranking thing. Far, far too many people trying to make sense of how a dude with a flamethrower tucked up his sleeve beats out an esper who can create blizzards with a mere thought when it's obviously supposed to be a joke because the whole hero association is incompetent.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

*Minute-long OP plays*

ONE-PUNCH MAN! ONE-PUNCH MAN!

*Vaccine Man shows up, monologues, and gets annihilated in 60 seconds.*

*Minute-long ED plays.*

ONE-PUNCH MAN! ONE-PUNCH MAN!

That should be the entire show.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I'm not sure I can cope with a One-Punch Man where Genos doesn't get just completely trashed in every serious fight.

Also, Sonic and Fubuki go to the same tailor.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Androgynous characters aren't exactly a rarity in Japanese entertainment.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Here's hoping this is the push VIZ needs to get the physical publishing rights.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I am prepared to write walls of text on how the episode where Gon finds Pitou healing Komugi is the best in the entire series and one of the best episodes of any shounen anime I've ever seen.

One-Punch Man is in good hands.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

"Can't wait for the thread's reaction to this next bit." :allears:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Huh. Never knew typing that out linked automatically to your rap sheet.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

MAL page is up for the One-Punch Man anime.

Counting down till one of their moderators notices the title and changes it to Wanpanman.

EDIT:

MonsterEnvy posted:

Do it. I loved that episode and want to hear why you loved it.
Will do, but give me a day or so.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Mar 23, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Shugojin posted:

I was reading the history of the redraw and apparently Murata just tweeted ONE out of the blue one day to discuss the idea :allears:
A real human being.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

They'll do it for the ED.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrhzR-S2twY

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

The cover for volume 8. It's perfect. :allears:
Looks like King's got Saitama on the ropes. Is this it for our beloved hero?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

DOON DOON

DOON DOON

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The anime should do a lot to raise the series' profile in the West. I wouldn't be surprised if VIZ got the distribution rights shortly after the show starts airing should it prove to be a hit.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Somebody asked VIZ on their Facebook page "Why won't you release One-Punch Man in print?" and the response was that they only had digital distribution rights. I think a popular adaptation could give them the impetus to push for printing.

Sorry, should have clarified.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

It's actually just a bit of stall wall graffiti.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Saitama's got game.

King's game, to be specific.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Dude's King, if he asked he'd probably get mailed free PSPs every day for the rest of his life.

I actually liked King even more when I realized how easily he could abuse his fame but doesn't.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Whether King possesses any particularly superhuman powers or not, the ability to effectively intimidate any mid-level, sentient, non-robotic monster into submission and/or cardiac arrest is pretty useful day-to-day.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

So when comes the plot twist that Murata went back in time and personally tutored all of the worthwhile artists of today, exempting only ONE because he wanted to draw One-Punch Man himself but wished for his not-pupil to retain creative ownership?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

you can admire talent without gettin' weird about it, ya know
You can also make jokes. Some people do that.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

About how far along is Murata's version of events compared with ONE's?

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 21, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I wish King were my friend.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

One-Punch Man is up for an Eisner this year.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

One-Punch Man originated as a webcomic written and drawn by a guy known only as "ONE." Japanese hotshot illustrator Yusuke Murata caught wind of it later and struck a deal with ONE to redraw his work for a wider audience, including official publication. ONE's art is fairly...simple, I guess you could say, whereas Murata's operates on another level entirely. Subsequently, it takes him longer, so sometimes he'll adapt a longer chapter in shorter chunks, or even redraw/redesign something several times.

All of this is condensed and cleaned up for the individual volume releases.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Ah, that's a little different.

A lot of series will sometimes churn out an intermission or interval chapter between "Actual" chapters. These chapters are usually either unimportant or merely incidental to the existing storyline, and are frequently denoted as X.5, "Halfway" between the previous chapter and the next. In One-Punch Man's case, you'll notice chapter 44.5 pretty much has nothing to do with the rest of chapter 44 before it.

Your confusion is due to the way the uploaders have chosen to identify different segments of the same chapter, which bears similarities with how interval chapters are usually marked out. In a published volume, chapters 44.1, 44.2, and 44.3 would all be condensed into one, single chapter, so it'd be easier to identify chapter 44.5 as its own thing.

Individual chapters getting chopped up isn't the norm, so this isn't a problem you'd run into with the ordering in most other comics.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Now I wanna see King vs. Terence T. D'Arby.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Nice to see a member of the tank top crew who's more than just chump fodder.

MONKET posted:

That is pretty much the match King was born for.
Looking forward to some bad guy showing up, challenging Earth's mightiest heroes to a test of skill over their planet's right to exist. Confident in his ability, he even lets them name the terms of the challenge.

King coolly steps forward.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

They're at Saitama's place, King just came over to get his game then decided to hang around for a bit.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

It's about not beating someone while they're down. If Tank Top Master was gonna kill Garou he should've channeled all his power into the first punch. Killing him by inches when he's presumably in no state to resist isn't heroic.

"50% of your power? Don't make me laugh. You should land every blow with the intent to kill."

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

This show is good, I thought it was going to turn out like Kimi ni Todoke and just be; misconceptions: the anime.
Indeed, One-Punch Man is exactly as advertised.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Saitama accidentally affronts the Lady of Pain.

What happens?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

On reflection, I probably should've worded that question differently.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Speed of Sound Sonic is not a good person but he doesn't seem too bad next to dudes who level cities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

It's also a comic where an entire city getting wiped out by an alien menace elicits the global response of "Oh dear," while the No. 1 A-Rank hero doesn't even consider it worthy of breaking off his scheduled movie shoot to deal with.