Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Lintwhite posted:

Oh, no, I translated that character's name wrong, didn't I. That's...really embarrassing, I'm sorry :ohdear: (To be honest, I wish someone else would take over this project, it's just not my thing. I think it's a little too out of my skill range.)

Don't stop! I'll take mildly flawed to non-existant any day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Can Of Worms posted:

Huff Puff Prisoner reminds me of Recoom from Ginyu Force; his general build is the same, his haircut is mainly concentrated near the top of his head, and his transformation sequence reminds me of his posing. And I love it :allears: On the flipside, the Sea King feels like he could be a monster in a Gantz hunt, his viciousness and his attitude towards the heroes is unnerving and it sends chills down my spine.

He has heart nipples. Still feeling shivers?

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
In fact, it would be easier on my willpower if we had a seperate thread entirely...

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Ridiculous characters that nevertheless manage to be compelling :allears:

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
I'm not sure Saitama would understand how momentum works well enough.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Kindly gently caress off with the wink wink say n'more spoilers.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

On the other hand, he only managed that due to bullshit regeneration. Every time Saitama lands a clean hit, the battle pretty moves on to its next phase.

Kind of like a multi stage boss in new game+

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
^
You're either referencing things which haven't come up in the murata version or you should stop presenting your theories as fact

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Are these OVAs actually getting released anywhere on the internet?

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Dreggon posted:

is that funny as well

For me personally it has the single funniest moment I have encountered in manga.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
People always say that the new content for the manga version is all storyboarded by one, but in spite of that it seems worse, consistently.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

skaianDestiny posted:

Because you're being biased as a webcomic reader.

Like when Murata was streaming he'd occasionally show off ONE's drafts.

Of note is loving rat head Garou, the hall of stick figures, and the note near the girl that basically says "Murata make the girl look pretty."

I would think it more likely that just because it's the same author, that doesn't mean the new content is automatically as good. Stapling bits onto a story years after you wrote it doesn't sound conducive to a good outcome to me.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
I think the redraws should have come out after the arc as a whole was done. It's frustrating to be anticipating progress in the story but instead getting minor tweaks to earlier stuff.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Like a dishcloth

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Sally posted:

lol at the "NO THIS DOES NOT MEAN BLAST IS SAITAMA" on the last page

Normally against scanlators interjecting opinions, but that might just have saved quite a few nerd conversations.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Wait a minute... These designs... This looks like Yoko Taro's work!

Not a single dead child in sight though?

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

oh jay posted:

Weird name for what Homeless Emperor did to Child Emperor tbh

Dirty fireworks

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
When did the first chapter of this arc come out?

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Innately ridiculous concept while being badass as gently caress. Golden sperm is peak onepunchman.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

At least when you include the part where he did all that but forgot to fix the problem introduced way back in Dragonball where the cyborgs instantly disobey their creator. Dr. Gero, the universe’s greatest savant.

The man who invented the infinite energy generator and infinite energy capacitor but never put a wire between them

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Yes, unironically.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
This thread needs to enter its postmodern phase.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Flesnolk posted:

King's gimmick annoys me

I'd forgotten the ritual for self-imposed ostracism

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
The joke of the "I didn't do anything" page wouldn't work as well if it wasn't undermining an emotional character building moment

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Nah I think they've done enough to sell PS as being a big threat by having him dunk on Darkshine/Fuhrer that this turn doesn't really undermine their threat level. If anything it just makes flashy seem more impressive.

A jargogle fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Dec 20, 2021

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
What if we didn't talk about the webcomic in the manga thread?

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
I think Genos coming back now would feel like an asspull however they frame it. The tone's gotten too serious for jokes.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

graham cracker posted:

Didn't we get a shot underneath the monster association in the manga that showed a room filled with the corpses of the subterranian people?

Well yeah, the punchline to the dream was that they were real and also chumps.

I assume they then got offscreen murdered as a quick callback/showing the MA are not the nicest people.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Whenever I am looking at a panel and Sonic is not on it, I am thinking: where is Sonic? When will Sonic come back?

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
The superpower of authorial intent.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Once again the psyop to get everyone in the gym passes unnoticed shaking my smh

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Larry Cum Free posted:

There was some slice of life manga I read like 10 years ago where Jesus and Buddha were odd-couple style roommates in the modern world. It was basically the Chad Jesus and the Virgin Buddha. I can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

10 years...?

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

M_Gargantua posted:

Its kinda just in the English language now, since we just steal any word that we need to fill a new concept.

Unlike those darn germans who just keep compounding sillier and sillier words together.

gen-jutsu

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Because the experience as a reader is bizarre and annoying. Why are we now going back to the bit we just did? Why is it the same but different? I want to find out what happens next!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

"Ah so you are bored, but won't do anything to try and change that"

This is extremely real. People psychologically trapping themselves in a box is a very common, very unhealthy habit.