Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Has anybody pointed out Watchdog underneath Genos' arm in this picture?:

He is very fearsome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Serious Frolicking posted:

I'm curious about the green-haired girl. Aside from Saitama, every other hero seems to be either science-based or have no powers at all aside from being incredibly weird.

Someone on another forum actually posted little mini-bios about every hero in that picture, so what follows is an

Obviously-past-this-point-in-the-manga-proper-spoiler:

She is an S-class hero and an Esper, and is extremely powerful - she might be comparable to Saitama.

I can quote the rest of them and clip the super-spoilery parts if people would like.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Prison Warden posted:

Nah they are both pretty reprehensible practices. I just don't get scanlation watermarking at all, like, what's the motive behind it? Internet semi-fame? It's just so loving asinine.

A lot of it is some sad ploy for ad-revenue [as in the case with manga hosting watermarks]. When groups do it it's usually for donations. Really. They want people downloading it from their site or from their IRC so they can goad you into donating to them or something. The A-Team was really notorious and pathetic for this when they literally held their scans hostage around Christmas time while waiting for donation goals to be hit before releasing their chapters. This was about 2 years ago, I don't think they do it anymore now that others have picked up their series.

These Mangapanda watermarks aren't even all that obnoxious, it gets so much worse.
I've only seen one watermark that's worse than that, and it was some group doing Big Order? I'm not sure. They saved all of their images as gifs and put an obnoxious black frame with text as the first slide. A lot of readers strip gifs and only display the first frame - so on those sites you'd just see a horrible wall of "Don't read on this website" text.

Edit: Example of the latter.

Sarcophallus fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Feb 17, 2013

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Raw for chapter 28 is up.

Genos with some built-in dish-drying functionality. He looks so pleased with himself.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

AnonSpore posted:

The very first page which has two sentences, one of which is a chuckle, already has a major mistranslation. Why do people still read translations from these people instead of waiting for Boon.

Because nothing prevents me from reading Boon's as well when it comes out and a poorly translated scan is still better than the raw. It's not like there's some great law of manga that each chapter must only be read once.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

coathat posted:

No it's perfectly fine to call people stupid for reading bad translations. There's no excuse for subjecting yourself to it.

Don't you feel embarrassed when you say dumb poo poo like this? Please tell me more about how reading lovely scans a day before the good scans come out makes me stupid.

This is worse than the dumb fansub arguments that come up every time 'gg' is mentioned. At least with fansubs it's a 30 minute time commitment.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Level Slide posted:

Murata's streaming again.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nebu-kuro1

What's with those gloves?

If I had to guess it's so that he doesn't smudge his lines with his oily hands.

e: gently caress.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Soylentbits posted:

But that guy also mentions that Saitama never really seemed like he was trying that hard. The villain just wanted a good fight and Saitama didn't want it to seem like he wasn't struggling. His serious attack was a regular punch. His serious speed afterimage speed was made up on the spot. He just did really fast hops after watching Sonic bounce around. He made up the name so that his enemies don't feel bad. It's not serious at all.

As opposed to like a Haymaker? He hasn't exactly got lasers or energy blasts to use. Punches are his thing.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Soylentbits posted:

But the guy he's fighting says that it never feels like he bared his fangs or stopped holding back. I think he's making up titles for his attacks on the fly and that he's just naming them based on what he thinks will make his enemies feel better about themselves without realizing that he's really bad at naming his own attacks. If he was holding back the entire time then it's not a serious attack. And there's no reason to think that his normal attack combo is actually a normal attack if his serious attack isn't serious.

Oh that's not what I meant. [ONE spoilers]He was absolutely still holding back, I just thought it was funny that you called it just a 'regular' punch, because even his "strongest" punch will just be a 'regular' punch.

That's part of why I love this manga.

E:V Sorry about that.

Sarcophallus fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jun 15, 2013

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Flying Fish posted:

Speaking of cookies...

I hope that the cookie in the re-draw was an interpretation of Genos' shoulder pad.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
It took me an embarrassingly long time to notice that Common was supposed to be a pun on Kamen.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

You do realize the whole "Saitama's training routine" thing is a joke, right? It's not the routine that makes Saitama the strongest, he just is.

It is the routine though. It's exactly what Saitama did. He's not being funny in recounting it.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Correlation does not imply causation. Come on, goons, you're better than this.

There's literally nothing in the story that suggests anything else, and I'd bet there never will be. The character has told you exactly where his power comes from and you're like, "Naw dude, you got some special genes or somethin'."

If this were like Hunter X Hunter or something that took itself more seriously, yeah I'd probably agree with you. But there's no reason to disbelieve that in this universe, following his instructions won't lead to you losing all of your hair and growing strong.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Xarbala posted:

For real though Mumen Rider busts rear end a whole bunch, lack of exercise isn't his problem

Mumen Rider probably has an air conditioner.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

e X posted:

Why are people so insisting in trying to turn a hilarious comedy into yet another boring shonen fighting manga?

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
I wish Genos had taken Saitama seriously and adopted his extreme training regiment instead of pressing him for some perceived deeper secret to his strength.

Then we would have 2 one punch men.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Why does cleft-chin boy just keep drawing nipples on people? Licenseless Rider looks so confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Plek posted:

Also he hides stuff in his butt.

This is important - he's not hiding it, he just had nowhere else to put it.

Women can relate when they are not carrying a purse. There is simply no where else to hold a phone securely.