Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

AnonSpore posted:

Higher quality versions of the two covers, courtesy of Amazon.jp.

Saitama just hanging out in the lower right corner of the second one is amazing. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Autumncomet posted:

"I don't even know what I'm saying but maybe the atmosphere can fake it?" :allears:

This, a thousand times this. It was amazing. :allears:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Horse-in-a-suit is amazing, so handsome, what a stud. :downsrim:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Ak Gara posted:

I think we all have a good idea how it's going to end.

Someone watched FLCL.

I should rewatch that sometime, so drat good.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

7c Nickel posted:

I was not expecting the King to look like that.

loving heart shaped nipple pasties. :magical:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I laughed when Seaking hit Saitama in the back of the head, I laughed harder when Saitama gave Seaking The Look over his shoulder, I laughed because Seaking is soooooooo hosed. Bad move dude, baaad move. :allears:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

It's funny because Vinegar is Ozzie's name in Japan, but Magus is Maou (Demon King), and considering they went to the trouble of using Japanese honorifics you'd think they'd keep his Japanese name too to make it more ~authentic~.

I now have a picture in my head of Magus looking very surly while working the counter of a MgRonalds. :allears:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Mo_Steel posted:

:aaaaa::fh: I want to see the whole series in color. And animated.

I hope this keeps escalating forever but I don't know how it could after this arc.

It does, believe me it does. :allears:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

cafel posted:

Eh, I don't find him that bad really. If I walked into what was once a giant metropolis that was completely and utterly laid to waste and a bunch of what were supposed to be the premiere heroes of the world were standing around going "Well shucks, it happened pretty fast" I'd be pissed to. I probably wouldn't give much consideration to the random alien fuckers who had just wiped out the city either, especially if few to none of the civilians had time to get to shelters. Like he's definitely got a chip on his shoulder, but he is standing in the crumbling ruins of what was earlier this morning a major city.

Yeah, but he seems far less concerned about the city than how this might effect his and the hero organization's reputation. All in all he comes off as pretty skeezy.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Saitama is not a Mary Sue, because the thing that makes a Mary Sue bad is that all of their problems get solved for them without any real drama or effort. Saitama's problem is not the monsters, it's the fact that he is bored with life. We as readers are always hoping he will find an enemy strong enough to put up a good fight, but not because the fights are boring or whatever but because we want to see Saitama finally find some satisfaction. He is also not a Mary Sue because Mary Sues are almost always universally loved within their setting but Saitama can't get anyone but Genos and Bang to see how strong he is. And hell, Genos reveres Saitama for his strength and that's not what Saitama really wants. Mary Sues have everything go their way and it sucks any drama out of the story, but there is plenty of drama in OPM.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

The problem with Murata drawing Mob Psycho 100 is that Reigen will actually look cool instead of being a humongous nerd who thinks he looks cool.

Excuse me but Reigen is cool and I will not have anyone say otherwise. :colbert:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Speed of Sound Sonic(:lol:) is greater than S-rank in speed but lower than most of the S-ranks in everything else, at least that is my impression. I think he would be pretty powerful with the right weapons, though who knows, maybe he already is, does he ever pull out that sword of his?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Aurain posted:

Also looking forward to One Piece Man.
Dunno how Anime News Network managed that typo.

It's the sequel to One Piece, you see it turns out that Saitama was One Piece all along.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Are all those people dead or just beaten up and unconscious?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

Shameless plug but if anyone wants to get into Kamen Rider as a series I recommend starting with Kuuga. It's got one of the most feel-good main characters out of the current generation of riders, and the action and story are very well written.

I prefer Double/W, I mean who doesn't like swank, hard-boiled detectives? :getin:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Davinci posted:

Any DBZ fans know what the big ufo at the end of the chapter is?

Looks like the same sort of ship Freezia used, so basically bad guys.

Also, later on in DBZ you have people who can blow planets up with the twitch of a finger since we don't really know how strong Saitama is you could put him anywhere you want in the DBZ universe as far as power levels go. I'm guessing he will be as strong as he needs to be for the story just like Goku.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Serious Frolicking posted:

For people who aren't pedophiles, sure.

I'll have you know sir that she is not a child, she is an Adult Woman any you need to respect that! :mrgw:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Shadow0 posted:

A little late to the discussion on animes making money, but I was under the impression that anime are very costly and have been dangerously unprofitable since torrenting rolled around. And I guess the anime really only serves as an ad for the manga, which then serves as an ad to the webcomic maybe?

Saitama's convinced me. When I finally get me a job, I'll probably go and buy all the volumes (and maybe the DVDs), if only to encourage more ONE and Murata super-duoing.

Every show has it's own business model, some are unprofitable themselves but boost manga/LN sales, some have a lot of merchandising and make their money there, many do make some money on the anime itself but need the other aforementioned things to make their targets profits wise.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

deadly_pudding posted:

Oh good. The text confirms it's going to simulcast on Hulu. I was getting worried for a bit.

Not CR? :(

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm just gonna call it and say that the anime will finish its season with Boros and then wait a few years to come back and do what comes after.

Why? The Garou arc is done and is by far the best arc in the entire comic so far, I'm gonna be hugely disappointed if it does not get animated.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

You know, the best part about the anime is watching people argue over the origin of Saitama's powers. Also, the show is apparently going to change from a comedy to being serious just as soon as the real bad guys show up. :laffo:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Metal Bat to get own spinoff series: Y/N

Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Someone elucidate.

Is it like, Pri-Pri Prisoner bad or worse?

Something something black people, something something special muscles. :sigh: