Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Blast?

I'm sure that Engine Knight will pull a King and be the focus of some major arc down the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Genocyber posted:

He's got a lot of clout cause he's S class level while also being a model hero in the way the Association wants. Anyone can get to S class if they're strong enough, but anyone doing so the normal way of rising through the ranks isn't actually that strong, so the only new additions are people who are placed in their outright, like Genos. Not to mention that most people don't want to be in S class.

Yeah this is what I think. Sweet Mask is both a PR person and he gives the A through C class the idea that he's the one preventing them from entering S Class, when in actual fact to get in S Class you just need to be strong enough to bypass the rank system altogether. It keeps the lower dudes in line thinking there's a way for them to get promoted that high like they did from C to A class when in fact they can't.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Bad Seafood posted:

I know, I was just referring to the existence of inexplicable superpowers in general.

If Zombieman's regeneration isn't a spoiler, I will say there are others. One or two of the "training" types have a very specific super power type gimmick too. Like Sonic, who is just a strong trained dude but clearly is a speedster.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Genos is a high-performance cyborg so that he can move fast and shoot fire and poo poo, him having the durability of wet tissue paper is probably a necessary but regrettable design flaw. He should get Dr Bofoy to take a look at his specs and tune him up, the dude seems pretty legit.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Has anyone from the hero association even spoke to Genos since he actually got a hero name?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I dunno if rank in the S class is directly comparible to actual power, though. Like, Child Emperor isn't as strong as Pri-Pri Prisoner even and people think King is the strongest guy in the world and he's only ranked 7th.

Metal Bat probably just spends too much time helping his school friends out of scrapes, working two jobs to pay for his sick mother's medical bills and listening to his sister's emotional troubles.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
The only thing I'm not super good on with the King Engine is that it really isn't obvious that it's an actual audible sound that people around him can hear. You only ever hear it in scenes where it's real close up to King's face, which could give the impression of an internal thought/sound thing going on.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I think all heroes who don't rely on anything else (weapons, cybernetics, psychic powers) are labeled as fighters, but obviously there are clear differences between, say, Bang and the other power-type S Classes.

And then a lot of people who rely on weapons are pretty much the same as the power fighters.

One thing I really like is that while only a couple of heroes, like Tatsumaki, have straight up super powers, ONE does a great job of really distinguishing all the S Class from each other as a superhero team.

Metal Bat obviously has hidden depths of incredible intellect. He is likely the second or third highest graded student in his class despite his attitude. He needs to be smart to help his dumb friend pass the big test so he won't get kicked out of school. He's also the one who figured out Melgalazad's weakness.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Genos and Saitama will save money on pork for weeks. Depends how big a freezer Genos can afford I guess.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

I assumed the seer was actually tricking boros - just instead of totally making it up, the seer had the prophecy 'here is the one dude that can beat you' and told Boros 'here is the one dude that can challenge you'

His followers thought that he was tricked so he'd just gently caress off to the rear end-end of the universe for like 40 years, but this is also possible yeah.

Either that, or it was meant to be Garou and Saitama was a total wildcard.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
What's with her chin?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Full confession, this fight was amazing for me because Garou and Metal Bat are my two favourite characters.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Pineapple Grenade is an S class pun.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Drink Top posted:

Marshall Gorilla is a gorilla guerrilla.

Nah, Guerilla Gorilla is owned by DC.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
There are a couple of things that comic artists just loving love drawing and Gorillas are one of them. I'd probably say dinosaurs are number two.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Eej posted:

I always wondered why DC likes to randomly swing extra violent for no reason during Big Events. I remember Superboy Prime gettin' mad at Teen Titans and "accidentally" punching someone in the face so hard that his head tore off and went flying.

DC is just kind of poo poo these days.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

If you're reading this thread, you probably love ONE's stuff.

You owe it to yourselves to watch the first preview trailer for Mob Psycho 100.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8g3TuKsQHs

I'm super happy this exists.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
You'd need to make the bosses super complicated, with tons of patterns and special moves, clever counter attacks and such and then have it all be totally irrelevant.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
If I could program at all, I'd make a One Punch Man cookie-clicker clone.

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

I cringe a little every time he says OhPeeEm, because it saves you literally no time to say it that way! It's the same number of syllables, gently caress

Charles and Charlie have the same number of letters.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I love how the Dinosaur team straight up has the hulk as part of the crew.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Onepunchman
Starring Dwayne Johnson and Karl Pilkington as the title character.

If they did this, I'd declare it the greatest movie ever made.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Baal posted:

I'd prefer someone like Yuichi Nakamura, tbh

It's too bad he's already in the anime really. It should be Justin Cook, even in Japanese.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Exclusively on Hulu for now.

Oh boy, one more reason to hate America. Or it would be if I still wanted to watch this show.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Kild posted:

A change from the webcomic too where they controlled it from a bunker even further below lol

Huh, this is how I remembered it too. I even had a particular image in mind I couldn't wait to see get the Murata treatment. Maybe I'm misremembering the sequence of events.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Wait, are all those S Class guys back on the surface? I thought Child Emperor was heading back in. Or does side chapter mean a kind of what if scenario here.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Oh phew I'm glad the translator explained what winging it is.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Maxwell Adams posted:

In the scan I'm looking at, it says 'Darky', which is in line with the official localization.

Where I live that's also way more recognisible as an old rear end racist term than Blackie would be so that's swell.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I assume its a Yugioh reference?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I've been waiting for some Homeless Emperor action. He's cool.

I like that Murata couldn't resist making him a handsome dude in raggedy clothes.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
The compression of a tight tank top increases blood flow and hormone release, increasing the wearer's healing powers far beyond that of a normal man.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Genos would be an awful lay. He has no interest in technique, only pure pussy destroying power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
It's like how Raditz is faster than the speed of light even though he's pretty weak in the grand scheme of things and they only get faster. Same deal.