Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I noticed that other then Tornado and Blizzard and maybe Pretty Pretty Prisoner. None of the super heroes seem to actually have powers. They seem to rely on physical power, Skill or tech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

cyrus_zane posted:

"A fast guy"

"A zombie"

Ok I forgot about those 2. They do have legit super powers like Tornado and Blizzard.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

New Chapter

And we finally get to meet Fubuki :allears:

We have met her before.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Say Nothing posted:

Sonic Speed Of Sound lol.

Wonder who will win.

Going with Speed of Sound Sonic. I don't think Genos has won a single fight.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Pewdiepie posted:

Fubuki is very sexy.

She is also Tatsumaki's younger sister.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ok Genos managed to even the score a bit more towards Speed of Sound Sonic. Still I have a feeling that Speed of Sound Sonic will win. Then I am guessing he will back off for now thinking he is still not ready to fight Saitama again.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Were is this from?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bad Seafood posted:

I am prepared to write walls of text on how the episode where Gon finds Pitou healing Komugi is the best in the entire series and one of the best episodes of any shounen anime I've ever seen.

One-Punch Man is in good hands.

Do it. I loved that episode and want to hear why you loved it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Spiderdrake posted:

Murata draws a sexier everything.

Except Tatsumaki, but I guess she's like sexier to ... uh, a certain kind of person

She is technically sexier because she is drawn by Murata0. If someone wanted to try and justify her being sexy she is 28, but then they also have to justify why they would find a grown woman that looks like a child attractive. Which no matter what would be weird.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Apparently wearing a Tank Top gives one super powers in this universe.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bisse posted:

Boros yes, but Asura... meh. He was a total chump.

I would probably put Asura in the Dragon Level threat area.

Boros was for sure a God Level threat. As the definition for it is, threat to the entire planet.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Thunderbro posted:

I love how the hero association hq gets more elaborate and insane every time it's depicted

Remember how they gave no shits about Garou when he was beating up heroes, even an S class one. But once he beat up one of them, they were like "Oh this guy could be a problem and we may not be safe, lets raise the alert and have S class heroes be our bodyguards."

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mordaedil posted:

And then there's Kagerou Project.

The hell?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

PassingPie posted:

What am I looking at here? These look like shots from two different shows. :psyduck:

Did they redraw the entire show for the BD/DVD release?

Shows opening is pretty stylish. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQTp0Ka8Uy8

But the show itself is way more like the DVD release other then that flash back

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bad Seafood posted:

Lightspeed Flash or whatever his name is.

Flashy Flash. I am serious that is his official name right now.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

NecroMonster posted:

Hunter X Hunter is also fully totally amazing R.I.P. Togashi

You scared me for a second. Togashi is still alive. And Hunter will likely return soon. According to past hiatus times.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

pixaal posted:

First punch hit his armor, his armor was destroyed. He died in one punch after.

No he took a ton of punchs but was just able to regenerate from them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

team overhead smash posted:

And then DC being DC, several years later they killed them both in an ape on ape related hate crime.

To elaborate Mallah and Grodd disagreed on a matter and got into a fight after Grodd made fun of Mallah for being a science experiment while he was a natural born super smart gorilla. Brain tried to break up the fight when Grodd started winning. Grodd said no and took Brain in his canister and beat Mallah to death with him, breaking the canister killing Brain as well. Grodd ate Brain later.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sarcophallus posted:

It is the routine though. It's exactly what Saitama did. He's not being funny in recounting it.

Correct this means that Saitama naturally had the potential to be a super strong dude. As there are tons of people heroes or not that have worked way harder then him for their strength and don't even come close to his level.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EmmyOk posted:

Are people who secretly read the ONE version making "predictions" again? That's lame

Work Friend Keven posted:

You guys know this is all already answered in the ONE version & I know at least one of you has read it so what's going on here exactly.

This is not true I read the one version but there has not been anymore of an answer there then here.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Nice to see Bakuzan ignored the advice he was just given from someone stronger then him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I also don't think the Cell worked because of that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Despite it taking place offsceen someone pointed out that Gouketsu likely gave Saitama more of a fight then almost everything he ever fought. As when Saitama came back he had some scratches.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RareAcumen posted:

Eh, that's nothing new. He had scratches on him after Boros too but that doesn't mean he was actually injured at all.

Yeah I know it did jack. But the fact they gave him some scratches is a decent show of strength on their end most monsters can't even do that.

Boros was the most impressive cause he was actually capable of taking a punch.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

rage-saq posted:

Nah, if Goketsu was a real challenge for Saitama he would have had a hard on to go and fight more of the Monster Association because that's what he lives for.

I never said he was a challenge. He went down easily as anything else he fought.

Just saying he did better against Saitama then almost every other monster in this series. By virtue of causing some light scratching. Most monsters even the ones Saitama lets hit him don't even do that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RareAcumen posted:

I knew Murata wouldn't lie to me.

Sagats good now. But Elena was always good never evil. (Chun Li is also not evil) So those 2 are just sparring.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RareAcumen posted:

Thanks. Street Fighter lore is almost all completely unknown to me. Akuma killed his, Ryu, and Ken's master I think? Cammy, and Seth are attempted extra bodies for Bison and that's about all I've got.

Just Ryu and Ken's master not his. The guy was his brother however. Appearntly his reason for doing it is cause he felt Gouken was not using their fighting style as it was supposed to be.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Aug 11, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Parrotine posted:

Uh, What?

Gouken is Ryu and Ken's teacher, you got your wires crossed bro

Gouken was Akuma's sparring partner, and Akuma murdered their teacher Gotetsu, then promptly wrecked Gouken's poo poo so hard it took years for him to shake off that coma.

Yes I know Gouken was Ryu and Kens Teacher. I was just saying Gouken was not Akuma's teacher.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blockhouse posted:

There's a Marvel character named Butterball who is in fact completely impervious to harm but is also a fat sixteen year old whose body is literally incapable of improving in any way, meaning he's literally only good to beat up on and nothing else

Yeah he was just brought up. Appearntly he was eventually as a side effect unable to feel anything at all.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
There was also a time when Butterball was captured by an evil Demon that fed on life force or soul energy or something. Anyway then he found out the guy was immortal, and bascily said "Good that means I can feed off his torment forever."

Also when he flunked out of Super Hero training. (Being impossible to hurt does not mean much when you can't overpower a 12 year old let alone a Super villain.) They realized he would be best suited for search and rescue and exploration of hazardous environments. (As there is no risk in sending him in dangerous places as he can't be harmed by anything.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah the point Genus was making is that he broke his limiter. No one else has done this. How or why it happened is unknown.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Xarbala posted:

I'm pretty sure Saitama's explained how and why

Well to be exact he explained the how. The Why was not explained. As what he did could not have allowed him to become so strong naturally. But as Genus said, somehow while doing this he broke all limits that his body had and became Godly in power, just by doing simple strength training.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The way Genus said it. Saitama broke the laws of realty and gained godly strength.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Last Celebration posted:

Reminder that Flashy Flash didn’t choose his dumb hero name, he just got the short end of the stick like Glasses and Caped Baldy.

Pretty sure he did. As he is from the same place as Speed of Sound Sonic and those two new monster ninja Gale Wind, and Hellfire Flame. All of them have stupid redundant names.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

skaianDestiny posted:

Speaking of which, that 3 less Demons from Gyoro Gyoro's count of less than 30 Demon and above monsters in the MA.

Which is good as Demons are usually able to fight on par with S Class.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Parrotine posted:

Thanos is to Marvel as Darkseid is to DC

By default he is much weaker then Darkseid. But he can get some powerful artifacts that make him near unstoppable.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rigged Death Trap posted:

He occupies the same thematic and narrative position as Darkseid.
They look similar but are pretty different character, and narrative wise. Though creators are currently making Darkseid more like Thanos, in a move I am not super fond of.

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Thanos has gone toe-to-toe with Galactus and fought him to a standstill, so...

When he has cheat items. Normally he is weaker.

AtheistMantis posted:

Saitama always has the trait of gag character. It'd be the same result if Thanos fought Arale, or Squirrel Girl.

Thanos did the later already.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 00:18 on May 4, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Remember these are the low ranking heroes the association thought had the ability to reach S Rank.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RareAcumen posted:

He does rely on equipment just a step below Bofoy so I can believe it. Kid's got barely any strength of his own.

He's apparently roughly as strong as a grizzly bear on his own if I remember correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Elentor posted:

I'm 90% sure he'll just say something like the moment they were mind-controlled they became monsters and are a threat plus the organization has no place for weak heroes who instead of protecting the weak fall prey to such weak techniques.

They are not even heroes.