Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
Saitama is the best mentor character and he makes the best faces.

I like how his speech really wouldn't have been out of place as a completely serious thing in just about any other manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
I'm rather fond of his partly-slouched posture and wry, trollish face as he lectures Speed of Sound Sonic, myself.

But his chopping face is good too.

EDIT:

Al-Saqr posted:

Am I the only one who thinks that Speed of sound sonic is amazing-awesome and I hope he keeps being a recurring antagonist? I just love how far he'll go to have a fight with saitama.

Not at all, as long as he keeps making that mischievous, childlike grin of his. :shobon:

advokat fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 27, 2012

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
Somehow Spring Moustache is still my favourite hero from the ones in this chapter. It was a really close race though. :v:

Also, "high level mysterious people" sounds like a politically correct term for ant monsters, demons, and whatnot.

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
Oh my God, that was the best monster yet.

Also, yeah, the differences between the translations are... striking. And I think some of the earlier versions were missing the last pages in some of the chapters.

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
I kept taking it literally at first, myself. As in, he was being stinged by mosquitoes all through his training, and that is why he hates them so drat much. Maybe I was just projecting though. :v:

It being a tooth ache certainly makes sense though.

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
Okay, Dangan Tenshi Fan Club is pretty amazing and everyone should read it, if only for the protagonist's (not the girl's) reactions to everything that happens. Pretty much all of them make me smile. Thanks for linking it, it really makes me hope this duo continues cranking out stuff alongside/after Onepunch-Man.

advokat
Nov 17, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

There is. It's not great. Walk away, you only have art to lose.

On the other hand, Great!, by the same guy, is great, and you should read it because come to think of it, it gives me some OPM vibes. Beware of repeated mood whiplash, though.

advokat
Nov 17, 2012

That's pretty great, thanks. I was hooked almost immediately.

Wonder if Murata or someone else is going to pick up ONE's other stuff one day. Though it's hilarious enough with his art, of course.

advokat
Nov 17, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

ONE's gag manga, Old Man in the Underworld, has finished. If you like the humour in OPM, maybe check it out?

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Makai-no-Ossan

It's pretty funny.

So that was pretty surreal. And occasionally, surprisingly profound or inventive. I guess that's what you come to expect from ONE.

Incidentally, I've encountered fan speculation about it that says it's actually set in the same world as Onepunch-Man, or at least, right underneath that one. It's never explicitly stated, but I can kinda see it. On the other hand, could just be ONE recycling some ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
I wonder if we're going to need a separate thread for ONE's other comics.

Because poo poo suddenly just got real in Mob Psycho.

On topic, it's nice to see another hero seemingly capable of holding his ground. I was sure he'd just die. Granted, he's far from being in the clear now.