Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Can we just have more of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

:allears:

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Bisse posted:

Yeah this is dragging. Already forgot what Garou is up to, and Saitama is stuck running along Dragon Road.

Like even reading as a volume rather than weekly, whats going on right now just has no impact on story or characters.

The fight from before the Monster Association dungeon where a bunch of A-rankers gang up on Garou who decides to protect a kid. That fight was legendary! Incredible fight coreography, and character development during the fight from multiple angles. Meanwhile the last year has just been Bleach crew versus the Alphabet warriors.

The Bleach comparison is pretty spot on.

Just do the arc like One did. This arc is super drawn out with pointless fights that occasionally look flashy and cool but have nothing to say at all.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

EVIL Gibson posted:

i cannot see them doing that now PERIOD. ill even take a :toxx: for it lol. ill erase it but you are insane if you think that scene from 5+ years comes back when tornados character was just murderous tsundere++

oh oh you better erase that!!!!

What’s wrong with you? Just keep webcomic stuff in the webcomic thread and the manga stuff here, it’s not a hard ask.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Flesnolk posted:

I know it's not our place to question genius yadda yadda, but I wish they'd just get on with finishing this arc.

I can honestly say with all the re-draws and just general pacing, i have lost any sense of where people are in the story, what they’re trying to accomplish outside of fighting monsters who appear out of the blue and all the tension has been completely deflated. The redraws arent even worth it because they’ve added nothing of real value outside of maybe having slightly cooler fight scenes here or there

Bisse posted:

But then the path to the finale is also brutally shorter.

This is also it. I don’t even particularly like this arc in the webcomic either, but at least it didn’t drag on as badly as this

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I love when the comic goes back to its roots: ridiculous Saitama superhero parody shenanigans.

Legitimately this for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

The thing about these redraws is that Murata has the energy of a Shonen protagonist and 0 idea of what a rough draft is so he just does 4 chapters before ONE can get a chance to look at them and his team can finish a chapter of OPM. Then, with his storyboarding expertise and knowledge of where he's planning to go he can look at what's been made and veto or approve some things as he sees fit.

Sadly this does lead to moments like Saitama sitting Monster Garou down in a broken shack on the opposite ends of a table being lost because ONE was intending to work 'God' into the story at that point but them's the breaks.

Could’ve worked that moment in anyway. It feels more true to One’s writing and what he likes to do with his characters than what we ended up getting.

It was genuinely one of my favourite panels in the comic and I really don’t like that it got retconned out of existence.