Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The thing about these redraws is that Murata has the energy of a Shonen protagonist and 0 idea of what a rough draft is so he just does 4 chapters before ONE can get a chance to look at them and his team can finish a chapter of OPM. Then, with his storyboarding expertise and knowledge of where he's planning to go he can look at what's been made and veto or approve some things as he sees fit.

Sadly this does lead to moments like Saitama sitting Monster Garou down in a broken shack on the opposite ends of a table being lost because ONE was intending to work 'God' into the story at that point but them's the breaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

According to chapter 186 it's only been a bit over two months since Genos became Saitama's disciple. So even less time for all this crazy poo poo to affect him because Saitama wasn't registered with the Hero Association before that and he'd never seen an S-Class hero and all of these events. So there's even less time to be motivated to change as a person.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

I just think the man is low-mid grade clinically depressed.

I mean yeah, and obviously as comic readers we can see that but it's not like anyone in the story can pick up on that yet. What Saitama needs is either more down to Earth friends like King and Mumen Rider or to be able to hang out with them more often.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00zT--4tP5Y

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This is not a webcomic spoiler this is a speculation thing

I'm still waiting for Flashy Flash and Atomic Samurai to team up sometime. Mostly because I want to see how fast those slices are from his perspective. Are they still moving or do they just pause in place? The choreography for that will be insane and I can't wait to see it one year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEtHpGSSTOU&t=568s

Watching this again made me think of it. Years of experience with Dante doing Royal Guards and jumping to dodge Judgement Cuts aside, I don't think I've ever seen someone actually dodging every individual slice like this.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

pik_d posted:

Raws up: https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/14079602755511181824

What the gently caress is going on

What a sick effect to do in a manga

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jupiter

FooF posted:

The end of the arc, prior to the redraw, had Blast appear behind Empty Void out of nowhere and body him. I think One saw this and went “uh, there’s no stakes in this” and upped the ante by having the dude absorb Garou’s god powers.

I am lol’ing that a half-dead ninja appeared just at the right time for a reverse-causality punch to defeat Garou, like anyone could have anticipated it at all. That’s quite the asspull right there.

I must've had a different chapter because all I saw was Blast being the first one to actually hit 'That Man' in the fight. I assumed he would then get back up next chapter.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Apr 4, 2024

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I could see live action working if they're not afraid to have cutaways or some really stylish editing like Edgar Wright or something. But otherwise I can only imagine it looking like Liam Neeson climbing over a fence most of the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by4UZ-79MK4

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FooF posted:

Seems like Sonic and Flash are more evenly matched this time around. The original implied Flash had another gear compared to Sonic.

Well he was still wowwed watching Flash fight Empty Void so the idea I'm getting is less that they're evenly matched and more that we're seeing more of Sonic's arsenal and techniques in the fight.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

heather anne campbell has a gaming podcast and an anime podcast called “get played” and “get animed” reapectively, each cohosted by nick wiger and matt apodaca. from listening to these two shows i can say with total confidence that heather anne campbell absolutely has the knowledge base and level of taste to write a good onepunch man movie. that said, i have no idea if shes a good writer

Decided to check this out because I'm always up for a new podcast to listen to while I'm at work and I've only heard 5 episodes and nearly all of them have had something fascinating. Like, I listened to the Yakuza 0 one and I would never describe the Cabaret Club thus: 'You could spend an episode of this show deconstructing the sort of like assualts on feminism engages the full-blown WW2 efforts on recontextualizing women as objects and/or like horses that you're breeding and training.' I never would've come up with that

On a different note, Heather seems to generally gravitate to hard games so I imagine Celeste and Nuclear Throne, and Enter the Gungeon, Sekiro, Returnal, etc would be her thing more, so Vampire Survivors not reaching that level being an issue makes sense, but I don't see why 'Buying upgrades to make the game easier' would be a negative because that's the whole point of that system basically. Anyway, thanks for giving me something to kill an hour or 3 with every week, I appreciate it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't wait for the Shadow Ring arc where we see what was happening in the female ninja village.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh they killed those fools this time