Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Well, I mean, where would she keep it with those dresses she wears?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

I like the murata version but I definitely looked forward to the webcomic updates more. It was faster and felt like there was more story. The new version is visually stunning and the fights are exceptionally done but they do feel a bit more hollow to me.

Before I even read it I know nothing important is going to happen most of the time. And I don't mean just because I've read the original version. Enough has changed that it's basically it's own story. What I mean is the big fights tend to be very formulaic. It is shonen action after all. There's the introduction and maybe some feints, one side uses trump card, then the opponent uses their trump card, then the actual really real trump card. It's done really well and is spectacularly drawn, but it's nothing I haven't seen many times before.

Drawing each fight makes the formula more obvious.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Oh drat! Man. That's gotta be the most brutal hit in the series so far.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

I sure would like it if Tatsumaki didn't wear skin tight dresses. Feels like I'm going on some fbi list every time she shows up.