Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I only want an anime if everyone is animated with movie quality animation at all times, but Saitama is South Park level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-03-07/one-punch-man-manga-gets-tv-anime/.85713

Anime announced!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Apparently Sunrise are sharing the booth the details will be at so people seem to believe it will be them.

I do not know if this is good or bad because I don't know many animes that aren't JoJo or Dragon Ball.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Also looking forward to One Piece Man.
Dunno how Anime News Network managed that typo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Try to clear your cache/ctrl+F5 them.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Some who has all the money in the world, give all of it to ONE and Murata because they deserve it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I really need to stop being surprised when Murata one ups himself, but welp.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

*nom*

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm waiting for him to re-do the chapter that's just Bofoy's robot landing to blow up the meteor because Murata somehow figured out how to make it even better.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's such an insult to ONE, god-drat.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This manga is the most amazing thing and this chapter might be my favourite of the lot (until the next one).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

King looks older than Terence D'Arby, so he'd probably lose to old age after spending the rest of their lives having a tied game.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ONE, that's not what someone means when they say they have a doughy physique :v:

I'll show myself out.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

TheWyrmDude posted:

Bonzi Buddy or bust.

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer true
I’m half crazy over the love of you
It won’t be a stylish marriage
I can’t afford a carriage
But you’ll look sweet
Upon the seat
Of a bicycle built for two

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Crain posted:

I'm looking forward to Murata showing up to my house to redraw the pages every so often.

I can imagine him going to the Sistine chapel, looking up and saying "That's kinda crappy", re-painting it entirely and then doing the exact same thing again next month.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://bato.to/read/_/326044/onepunch-man_ch48.5_by_nerieru-scans

Here's the link because I don't know why people say that and then don't link it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Before someone explained the joke in thread I assumed Licenseless Rider was an outlaw hero who refused to pay for his bicycle license.

Same, and it's a better joke, so I'm pretending I didn't even see those posts.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Saitama pretending he wasn't hurt by Satan. What a nice guy. The GOAT is still undefeated though. No one in any fictional work is a match for Mr. Satan.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Honestly, Perfect Cell would gently caress Saitama up, just look at his head.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I love this manga.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fish Fry Andy posted:

I'm actually pretty surprised that ONE is bothering to write out a filler arc for Murata. I always figured that the remake would just catch up to the original and become the flagship version.

I'm not because OPM is highly acclaimed, has an anime coming and is super good, so more quality content it has, more people can buy or eventually buy, more money for ONE and Murata.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Read ONE's version, get incredibly hype for some of the things that will happen in Murata's do over because of that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Read ONE
Get hyped for Murata's version
And then get hyped for the anime.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They're both superb but I love that second one. His ability to convey movement in still images is mindblowing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I like the idea that ONE is Saitama with a shirt that says ONE.

Final boss revealed.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Looks amazing in every way.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

*nom*

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If I were in the OPM universe, I would definitely think about asking Fubuki on a date but I would just go and play video games with King and Saitama.

I hope we see more video games with those two again soon.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want a boob mousepad that is two Saitamas next to each other.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If Murata can, I'm sure a team of people could.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Geo-blocked in the UK, so if you somehow see this post before that one and you're over here, don't get hype.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Just checked the Hulu site and yeah, it's not available in the UK.

I don't know if it's something to do with US TV, I don't watch TV really but I was under the impression that it's fairly popular over here.

Well, the HBO stuff does really well over here anyway.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He'd destroy earth and then undo it because the explosion wasn't quite pretty enough.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcpVSbmphSQ

Anime's OP.

It's airing right now in Japan and should be on Hulu soon, I think.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm not a huge fan of the OP and the ED is kinda garbage but everything in-between was utterly fantastic.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The problem with the OP is that it's generic shonen as hell. Rock music and the hero beating the crap out of things.

One Punch Man is really at its best though when it's Saitama being simple face goofy, and it's like that for the most part. It undersells OPM to me.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Having him be all ripped and serious looking dilutes the impact of Serious Series too, for my money. It gives it so much gravity.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's quite instinctual to add it when you're fast typing to do so. If you focus on not doing it though, you never will.

e: V that's probably part of it. Think "superhero" think "-man" so if you're not paying loads of attention, seems easy to slip a N on the end of Saitama.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Oct 8, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

His VA was chosen specifically because he was always got the role of the buddy characters who aren't really main characters, right? Like it's a joke on that, that Saitama is so unremarkable to the outsiders in canon that he doesn't get a top star VA.

A pre-Machete Japanese Danny Trejo, if you will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The OP should be King whooping his rear end at video games.