Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

For their arcs, Fubuki titty shots and Tatsumaki rear end shots galore in their OPs, but

this face blocking them every single time.
(The blu-ray uncensored version will just be a blank OP with the Saitama faces only).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Masterpiece.

Master-masterpiece.

e: This is totally setting up some doujins, I can hear the artists warming up from here.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Oct 10, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

1 hour from this post, roughly.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Episode 2 was very good, though I don't know if the flashback joke works that well here though it does accurately give a sense of frustration like Saitama feels.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's a bit like the old ironic shitposting argument. The joke is that it's long and boring to hear for Saitama and it's purposely dull to facilitate it, but the problem with that is even though it's doing it on purpose, long, boring and dull aren't good things. It's compounded when it's taking a good 2 minutes of the 23 they have.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dr Subterfuge posted:

You can just skip ahead in the episode too though?

How do you know when it ends in an episode of anime that you've never seen before? Who wants to dance around on a timeline to get it right, especially on the first time watching?

You certainly can skip it, but it's not nearly as simple.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"Dreading it" is very strong. You can think that the delivery and execution is off while still liking the scene as a whole, even.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Isn't it more that he's depressed because he can't realise his full potential because he's that good and would annihilate the galaxy rather than he's depressed because he's afraid to.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want the bass on the King engine to be so deep and powerful that running it through a good sub-woofer could make a skyscraper collapse.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Saitama has 2 pages. One being fake stats* and one being really him as told by Genos (he's 15/10 on all stats that aren't intelligence and one other).

*Unless there's a fake Saitama story I've forgotten and it's stats for him.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wonder if he thinks that we'll know why Saitama is actually strong by the end of the season (other than the 100/100/100/10km naturally).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wonder if any absolute madman has been inspired to get on that regime.

Doing it every single day would be very bad for you actually.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hiroki Yasumoto is supposedly casted for him, so I guess that means he's in at some point.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ah yeah, that's right. My memory is getting fuzzy with this. I should re-read soon.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

AnonSpore posted:

From top to bottom it's physical strength, intelligence, sense of justice, endurance, reflexes, popularity, heroing results, and fighting prowess.

The stats that Saitama isn't 15 on are Intelligence and Popularity then.

Rider is 10 on Justice, iirc.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If Murata has drawn it: this thread.

If Murata hasn't drawn it yet/you've experienced the glory of ONE's original: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3559267

If reading is too hard for you/you only watch the anime:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3746457

↓↓↓

Bad Seafood posted:

Probably just gonna ask Waffleman to make another thread after he produces the promised OP.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Oct 13, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The dub King should be real life Vin Diesel super imposed with slicked back hair and scars.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

aers posted:

The first BD has a 10 minute OVA with a new original (short) story by ONE.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The new chapter came out in Japanese.

It's only six pages :negative:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nebu-kuro1

Murata is streaming himself drawing what is probably Volume 10's insert drawings right now.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

She's probably the theme of Volume 10.
He did a lot of Fubuki recently and it turned out she was the next volume cover.

e: Apparently he only stopped streaming in the past 10 minutes. That's one long-rear end session.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 16, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He can draw pretty well when he wants to but this has become something of a signature style so why gently caress with it?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://www.hulu.com/watch/858242

Hulu have made the episode available early.

Unsho Ishizuka as Asura Rhino is amazing.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Oct 18, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

I've read articles to the effect that a lot of people who struggle with depression enjoy making others laugh and smile because it's something they struggle with.

I've worked with people with it in the past and this is essentially bang on the money. It's not a universal truth, but the way I see it is if there's something missing that's essentially taken for granted, it takes people who don't have that to recognise its true value.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hitoshi Matsumoto could probably make some amazing OPM segments.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The dick punch was great, but this is infinitely better than the anime's version, though it's not surprising.

He's finally got the hoodie on by the end though. :allears:

e:

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 25, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

AnonSpore posted:

8/10 would be perfect if the Saitama was just standing there looking bored instead of holding a pose.

My thoughts too.
If I were the Saitama I'd probably put a tonne of foundation on my head to look flat as possible too.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/onepanman/82/

Murata's latest update

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

His specials all seem lengthy enough and well drawn too but at this point in time, I'd rather have lengthy chapters and specials at this length.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://imgur.com/a/jY8Ak

Translated chapter 82, courtesy of ultimateking on /a/ as usual.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The existence of this filler's not a bad thing, it's the pacing of it that is. The filler will make the whole thing read better in the end.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's his version of the manga and it's easier than saying "filler drawn by Murata and written by ONE".

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's filler because it's not in the original and this is an adaptation, currently. There's no real way around that. It's different to most in that it's being written by the original's author and is serving to flesh out the world and characters more, which is only going to improve the total package when it finishes. It's what all filler should aspire to be, minus the pacing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The joke fully delivers on its premise of being intentionally long winded and boring and the visuals do help alleviate it but long winded and boring are not good traits to have, intentional or not, so it's always going to be at least questionable as to whether pulling off long winded and boring is a good thing.

But it's like 2 minutes and after 4 episodes in, they've nailed just about every single thing so only having around 2 minutes of "eh" is forgiveable or straight up admirable.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Probably the printed volume edition, since, y'know, tens of pages for a rushdown sequence is too much for print.

That's just a scanned and cleaned version of the viz volume for sure. It uses their names, has page numbers etc. Kind of surprising they've not been hit by the DMCA guys, especially considering other large manga sites have taken it down as a precaution when working from the free to read online version.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Nov 1, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, maybe it's a digital rip. Either way, chapter 20.6 still has the Viz credits page in at the end so they're not really hiding it either.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The sparring scene was awesome, and they touched on the main points of the flipbook scene too even if it wasn't 1:1. 5/5 on great episodes so far.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The tankobon covers gimmicks are great. I'd seen them in 2D before but never noticed you were supposed to do this with them.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Not my photos, I'm afraid. I just saw them and thought they ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Something about the simple face looks off. It might be that it's 3D with contours to try and reflect an actual head. Like it should be entirely flat instead.