Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
fuuuk the chapters so good but what a cliffhanger, that hyper real scary cat face was too spooky!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Its cheese cake but i love that chapter cover of shadow ring, 2cute

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I love that they roped some little minion into this poo poo. And saitamas >:] expression riding the cart lol

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
This new bit is so fucken good. Just give me Saitama on a mine cart forever

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
yea this isnt close to peek murata horny. i love the cart monster tour guiding flashy flash and saitama with his little microphone. honestly if he dies im gonna be very sad.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
heh as expected from King :cool:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I love that flashy flash is protecting that little monster bro,.i hope he survives this arc

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
maybe ive just travelled too deep but im just sitting here thinking given the subject matter murata was holding back if anything. The panels were horny sure...but!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Saitama will not allow that, he will go on to live under saitamas house

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Bucswabe posted:

You mean like he's doing right now?

yes but in less of a sprawling complex and more of a nice monster studio apartment

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Elfface posted:

The battle of the century - Tiny Lady vs Giant Lady

live image from murata's trace screen

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

turboraton posted:

This chapter was great and I love but I'll bite and admit I would love some information regarding Jerkface's picture.

tiny lady vs giant lady

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Mraagvpeine posted:

Who would you want to play Fubuki?

Scarlet Johansson

edit: The Rock can be Sea King and Michael Cera can 1 punch him (or be mumen rider)

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
"You're a spectacular Tank Topper with a proper tank top on that heart of yours." I'm not crying, you're crying.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Mystic Mongol posted:

Look, I just want to get to the fireworks factory. It's been years. They keeps adding more and more stuff. The Gale and Hellfire fight was one and a half panels, and it got expanded to several chapters. I don't even remember phoenix man in the original, but we sure spent a lot of time watching him not be the fireworks factory. Now Psykos is Kefka and is having a multi stage boss fight. The expanded material keeps getting redrawn and updated because heaven forfend Child Emperor's seventh robot sidekick doesn't look cool enough. And no, more King isn't bad, but... god drat it. When are we getting to the fireworks factory.

I just want to watch the fireworks factory blow up. After that, you can have all the tales about handsome boys learning the difference between heroism and strength you want.

A tank top is a fireworks factory for the soul.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Brought To You By posted:

Did the 2nd season really have less time for development than the first season? I know the first season had a lot of talent coming together, but I don't think they had vastly more time to work on episodes compared to the 2nd season. I'm not blaming any team, just trying to get context here.

My understanding is they wanted to do the same thing as Season 1 (dream team of ppl who will work themselves to death to make OPM) but all the kickass ppl were busy so they gave it to JC Staff who had roughly... 10 other animes they were making at the time. It didn't get the love it deserved, and that team is capable of not loving poo poo up. They made DanMachi!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

skaianDestiny posted:

I wish it got the same treatment as Mob Psycho, where they waited until they got the exact same team who made the first season so amazing no matter how long it took and also took time to properly manage time.

The difference in change in quality between seasons is rather stark. Mob Psycho got better. OPM, well, we know what happened.

Also watch Mob Psycho.

Yea I think the fact that OPM Season 1 was hitting big in the US meant they wanted to capitalize on the excitement as quickly as possible. The other thing they maybe could have done is greenlit S2 immediately but I think they waited more than a year to greenlight it??

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Man with Hat posted:

Since I just spent forever finding this, if anyone else had trouble figuring out where there's an English version of the Mask vs Bondage Monster redraw, here it is: https://mangadex.org/chapter/882899/1

I like the change even more translated

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Sub Harrison posted:

So what exactly are these redraws released for? The Phoenix man fight feels like a year ago, hasn't it been published in volumes already?

Loved both versions. I'm fine with Murata retelling every battle with "what if Saitama passed by?".

Generally Murata redraws before they go into volume, so the updated version is what goes into it, but it looks like those chapters JUST got published in a volume last christmas. Anyways these re-draws are basically Murata tying into One's original OPM comic which has started having new chapters released. Like originally they were just an excuse to draw a ridiculous fight, but now they have some foreshadowing stuff, like Saitama being called baldy.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Ok Murata, I see your game here

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I'm psyklos' visible psychic areolas

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I'm the small 1 panel of psyklos rear end

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I love the juxtaposition between the epic world ending battle outside and Saitama + Monocle discovering ancient new techniques to stave off Hunger.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
no murata you cant just redraw a chapter from 1 year ago!!

murata: huhu pencil goes skrrr

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I'm pretty sure that panel alone is what made murata redraw

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

EVIL Gibson posted:

RE:Anime did a good live action video of Saitama v Genos valley fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMFUNpBmMt4

Actually pretty sick!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
These sicko freaks are drawing boat loads of hentai that they've kept hidden from the masses and I demand they be exposed to the light of day

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Do you really need a chapter showing Pig God finding everyone and eating them? Like he will 100% redraw to show it, but its like not necessary...you get the story telling from this chapter.. he found everyone and ate them..

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

I feel like by definition redraws need to include both versions. I don't remember whats changed!!! Stop redrawing random rear end chapters!!!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

MorningMoon posted:

I agree that we need patch notes for these

Murata's OPM Chapter 56 Patch Notes
-Chapter cover changed to Mizuki doing lunges
-Added Pendulous breasts to each monster
-S Class Hero buffed with 3 new attacks, wind based to remove the clothing from the monsters
-New side characters added to the chapter to maintain continuity with a doujin I'm writing
-Splash page check in on Mizuki and Fubuki added inbetween climax pages

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
You can follow the official raw release, and from there once you know a chapters out you can just google it or check the sub reddit.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I enjoyed this chapter, but yeah, that was loving awful. At least it can be blamed on the translation, maybe? Unlike a lot of the other gently caress-ups in this manga.

Its a bad job to translate it directly and not realize that you should take it another way, but Puri Puri Prisoner calls him Kuro-chan aka Black-chan. So while not as yabai its pretty bad.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Gonna be curious to see what the Viz translation looks like here. Darkshine is such a cool character as a CONCEPT but the artistic design is undeniably racist. One of those times where I get filtered by Japanese racial insensitivity.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
The official VIZ translation is out and they use the nickname "Luster"

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Bleck posted:

but Shiny was right there

Yea but apparently VIZ is calling him Superalloy Blackluster

Have they been doing this the whole time? and I just didnt notice? lol

The viz translation of just this chapter has some things which annoy me like calling Sweet Mask "Amai* mask"

*amai means sweet

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Its gorgeously drawn and the characters themselves are better/more interesting than most generic shounen characters. Without a focus on the ancillary characters the entire Saitama gag stops working. When it comes down to it, you need a well realized character like Suiryu and some focus on him for the reversal and Hero entrance of Saitama to really land. This goes for the S-Class, they're main characters!! Like 1/4th of them are part of Saitama's crew! Who wouldn't want more of a focus on King?

And anyone who is concurrently following the One version should realize that that version is now following all of the S-Class characters on their own adventures and Saitama is kind of off to the side until he will inevitably show up for the gag!! [this has no real story spoilers but I guess don't click it if you're not following it]

I think a lot of the fatigue comes from the fact that anyone who read the One version knows where its all going so its a real fireworks factory situation, but I love the Murata version so every chapter is like delicous grave to me.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Dec 31, 2020

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

TheLoneStar posted:

I can't wait for Murata to introduce the split timelines so all the various redraws are equally canon.

I want a panel of Saitama punching something so hard it rips through the multiverse

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Parrotine posted:

This manga has boiled down to 95% fights with 5% gags. It's supposed to be a comedy manga but they've been playing it straight for like, four goddamn years in a row, so it has morphed into a standard Shounen battle manga with top-shelf art. And I don't know how to feel about that!

Can't play both sides of the fence here ONE; focus on a primary story tone and commit to it already with the other aspect as your side dish.

I disagree. There have been jokes and gags a plenty, but a lot of the jokes are specifically the seriousness with which many of the heroes and villains are portrayed to then contrast with Saitama. Ridiculousness can be funny and Muratas version ups the ridiculousness of the S class considerably.

I am out now but let me go and look at some of the recent chapters and grab examples but I think stretching the fights out multiple chapters does make it seem a lot less gaggy, despite there usually being some fun stuff.

OPM Murata version has 3 strong features:

sincere hero work (like blizzard helping Geno's)
gags (usually saitama related but not always)
badass fights

ONE is more like gags and badass fights because the fights were generally like 1 panel

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Jerkface posted:

I am out now but let me go and look at some of the recent chapters and grab examples but I think stretching the fights out multiple chapters does make it seem a lot less gaggy, despite there usually being some fun stuff.

Went back like half a years worth of chapters that are available on VIZ just to see what it is like:

134 - Some joke panels
135 - mostly all action
136 - continuation of the action but some gag panels and saitama + monaco + flashy flash are there!
137 - More saitama and company so plenty of gags
138 - King & Metal Bat chapter, so its funny
139 - The S class getting rekt, which can be amusing, but includes a Tank Top actual joke (and the tank top is sentient)
140 - Blizzard resuces Genos chapter, no overt gags but you do have blizzards insistance that Genos is her subordinate

Comedy is subjective, so you may get less mileage out of situational or interrelational human compared with the straight up gags like Monaco having a flashlight and x-ray button and Saitama using them to save her from Blast.

The amount of extra pages that get added of pure fighting reduce the rate at which you get to the comedy stuff, but I think if read as a volume you'd probably enjoy it more rather than waiting weeks/months for a new chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
"I swear on my tank top!"

Im not crying, its just my tank top leaking performance grade tank top fluid :qq: