Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
no! noooo! damnit! I can't believe he is supporting a sexy cosplayer, and on main?!

:rolleye:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
the fantia he subscribed to is only lewd its not even a fully nude one - i dont think he is embarrassed

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Devils Affricate posted:

One interesting thing I noticed about the latest chapter is that Saitama finally displayed his power in front of the rest of the heroes. There was no ambiguity over who did it or whether or not Garou was actually a powerful foe. I wonder if this will actually change the dynamics with how the Hero Association and S classes treat him, or if they're just going to retreat to some kind of "The radiation must have been causing us to hallucinate! :v:" explanation.

He went back in time right as he threw the punch, so Garou got knocked out by something that doesn't exist. King will of course be credited with the win.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I love dumb battle mangas, but a dumb battle manga with ONE's sensibilities would be perfect. Hope its funny!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

pik_d posted:

I assume it'll eventually get it's own thread, but the first chapter of Versus is out (Raws)

https://pocket.shonenmagazine.com/episode/316190246983387913

It looks ridiculous :getin:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

RareAcumen posted:

Sonic's not an S-class hero though

Isn't Sonic actually pretty high up there just in pure skill/speed? He can fight Genos to a draw and Genos is an S class hero.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 23, 2023

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
An entire city got wiped out and thats where the HA built their new HQ. From an objective POV the monsters are really a problem and the heroes cant shoulder much blame, but its easy to see through all of the crisis in the manga (especially when Saitama is the one who basically saved the day each time) that there could be some public sentiment against the HA

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Amazing ending

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
New girl immediately gets a chapter cover, Murata :allears:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I love, unironically and with all my might, any panel where King is drawn as epic, fearsome, and powerful while actually being scared.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Supersonic Shine posted:

I'm looking forward to the inevitable gag where some villain uses their 100% perfect evil clone machine on King, only to find, to their shock, that their machine had a fatal flaw that made the evil clone a weakling.

Villain: "Im-impossible! King is even more powerful than a perfect King Clone?"

Entire S Class: "Sasuga King, the only one strong enough to defeat himself, I expect nothing less from the Ultimate Hero and World's Strongest Man"

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Mr. Lobe posted:

I dunno, I'm still intrigued by what the neo humans whole deal is, they have interesting fashion if nothing else

They stand around looking hot in fire outfits, this causes regular humans to die of thirst

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Fully sick honestly. Lets go Alio.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
"Also I was afraid, so I sent him as far away as possible" lol

the king joke will never get old to me

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Nice, I'm digging this a lot now

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

narm00 posted:

Raws are up, and we're going all in on the returns, for better and worse.

Weirdly paced chapter, the end looks exceptionally rushed but maybe it'll be better once the dialogue hits.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Jerkface posted:

Weirdly paced chapter, the end looks exceptionally rushed but maybe it'll be better once the dialogue hits.

Dialogue hit. lol

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

ChaseSP posted:

If the heroes in the Demon World had 0 chance to even go against middle ranked demons, they would've never even tried going after the much stronger kings directly in the first place.

it's neat to show that while they were completely screwed due to how absurdly strong the figures on top are, they could actually fight back against the chaff and middle ranked dudes

Also you need to keep in mind This is a HERO, any demon could smash a normal human. I'm sure the other worlds had strong people who could sometimes win. Its just that the overall balance is tilted wildly in the natural enemy's favor

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I stand with Yellow monaco

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Love the comparison of these super elite ninjas to grains of sand because sonic has survived facing Saitama multiple times lol just great

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
All of Saitama's hanger ons are S class. Sonic would easily be S Class if he was in the association. King is S class. Genos is S Class. Sperm is S Class. Fido is S Class. Monako is S Class. Bang is S Class.

Anyone who interacts with him has their game raised naturally due to him having no upper limit. Fubuki would be S Class if she stopped thinking she was the boss of him.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Shadow0 posted:

Common Rider is S Class of our hearts.

He's S class he just doesn't know it yet

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

I enjoyed it! The dream poo poo was very hosed up. Great end too, pretty classic One gag.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
versus seems like something that would just get mentioned in the shounen catchall thread so i don't mind it living here. There's no way it's worth it's own thread right now

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Really enjoying these changes

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
anime is more about the animators and staff on the project...maybe they willl actually exert effort this time...

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
season 2 was frequently off model, had very limited sakuga sequences, and was overall just ... worse. It was still "anime" so it can be enjoyed, and OPM itself is still insanely well written, but especially relative to S1 it was garbage.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
We're getting phoenix man'd again aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvjIc-h3mBM

Good break down. I think the thing that kills S2 the most is the frequent off model drawings, and a few too many animation shortcuts even on "sakuga" sequences. Maybe less amibitious shot composition compared with S1 too.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
itd be funny if the redraw simply added like 50 new redundant ninjas

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

ImpAtom posted:

That is literally the point. He is so strong he has disengaged with life

He engage with king though, but I think thats because King is the only other one on his level

he usually is just not up for anyones tedious exposition or whatever, not being interested in some bullshit end of the world stuff he could punch away does not mean he is complete disengaged. He loves shopping for deals and playing nintendo and lounging around on his futon and sticking to his exercise routine. he doesn't wanna hear some blowhard ramble on about their ancient society of ninjas

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

pik_d posted:

Raws up: https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/14079602755511181824

What the gently caress is going on

Building this ninja guy up even more to be instantly killed by Saitama

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Gologle posted:

Blast is weirdly weak for supposedly being the number One hero

The dimension hopping guy who manipulates gravity / black holes and can seemingly teleport anywhere is "weirdly weak"? I mean true, he's No King™

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Harmon's a good writer though, so this makes me think the live action adaptation could have legs rather than writing it off immediately.