Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

AnonSpore posted:

Well, I think where you and I are disagreeing is that I don't think a guy who can, say, punch a hole in a truck is "normal." The only ones who've shown that sort of ability have been the S rankers.
They are definitely not "normal", but there's a difference between using their abnormal muscles to move their body parts with enough force to cause a hole in a truck, and just straight-up winding a fan monster to :airquote: death :airquote: with your... mind powers or whatever.

EDIT: Specifically that the first is a thing human bodies can do, but at a level of performance they can't in reality, while the second is a thing human bodies straight up can't do.

... Cyborgs like Genos are in a bit of a grey area here.

Zereth fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Feb 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

HenryEx posted:

I think i don't get the last page.
Saitama effortlessly won a fight with some tank top guys, then yelled at the bystanders.

Later, a sea monster attacked the city.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Wow, that was short.

Pretty awesome, but short.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I can't wait for Saitama to get here and make everybody else involved look like total losers. :allears:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Shadow0 posted:

But now that I see there's this "One" thing (the original I guess?) I feel like I'm watching the anime and have to deal with manga spoilers.
Pretty much, yes.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Don't forget the other guy who he told his routine who started following it, who's now starting to lose his hair.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

DrSunshine posted:

I think that you are! There's nothing in the stickied rules thread that says you can't! We're still SA goons here after all, it won't shock us to see the F-word.
What the shitballs are you talking about, we can't loving swear here, you cockmongler! :mad:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Khagan posted:

Orochi knows he doesn't have the real Metal Knight right?
I'm guessing people who aren't in the top echelons of the Hero Association know even less about Metal Knight than we do, so he might not.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Schwarzwald posted:

This makes Saitama's training regiment sounds less like exercise and more like a cheat code he stumbled into. Like if you do these exact reps and run this exact distance X days in a row (while holding select on the player 2 controller) you'll get god mode.
I swear I remember a side story about some guy who left Fubuki's crew and started following Saitama's exercise regimen and his hair was starting to fall out at the end.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Blockhouse posted:

Yeah the whole "Welp I can't do anything now! You better call Blast! Go right ahead and call Blast! Use your communicator and call Blast right now" thing is wildly suspicious.
"I've been spying on the monsters and have a ton of information on them, but somehow I'm completely wrong about what they're doing with the Metal Knight robot"

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Bisse posted:

Peak Bleach was main character spending 3 years getting a powerup and traveling up and down and again up Snake Road to use it, then 0.1ms after he activates it it is instantly broken by YHWH's
... God is a character in Bleach?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Wait how many words? :staredog:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Darth TNT posted:

But shouldn’t they be more worried about zombie man?
Why? he responded to the concern, he's fine.

EDIT: or, you know, will be in a few minutes.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

No, Mask has explicitly expressed his intention to gatekeep people out of getting into S rank.

This doesn't stop people from being sorted directly into S-class like Genos was, though.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Do you use the word "kuro" for black people in japanese?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Man with Hat posted:

I bet Saitama still pays rent and there's an abandoned apartment somewhere that used to belong to his landlord with a bunch of envelopes with cash on the floor just inside the mailbox.

well, not anymore there's not.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Bucswabe posted:

My God. ONE is so good at getting the reader to think that maybe, this time, Saitama will have trouble with a fight!

It gets me every time!

Also, I now think that Blast is going to be how someone takes credit for everything Saitama is about to do
Well, everybody else IS unconscious dying from radiation poisoning.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Lol get real folks. I can’t even see Jupiter with my eye, but I was in an airport in Florida once. Florida is clearly way bigger.
Can you see florida right now?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Last Celebration posted:

19-20 is still teenage, or at least too young to drink. I never figured he was like a high schooler but I didn’t think he was much older than that age either.
20 is the drinking age in japan, so he must be 19 or younger.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Have we heard the name "Dr. Bofoi" before? it sounds familiar.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Mraagvpeine posted:

Oh no, not again. previous chapters got additional pages
:sigh:
can somebody link where the new pages are?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Sweet, thanks.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Mr. Lobe posted:

Who knows, maybe their world has psychos with Davy Crockett nukes or something. So far, nuclear weapons haven't entered the story.
:thunk: Fist of the Norht Star + Fallout. Guys like Shin and Raoh as mentioned, except also you get bullshit like nuke hand grenades.

Also, this guy

except he's holding this thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Tapet posted:

Not necessarily, he could very well have powers to sense great energy being availible to absorb, and then just teleported there, OR, if he doesnt, surely "god" does, and could have told him to get his rear end over there. I think it works without issue with what we have seen so far.

If God is a higher dimensional being they could've watched the entire Saitama vs Garou fight and figured out where it was going to end and placed the guy in the right spot, or told him to go there.