Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

That is certainly quite different!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

ImpAtom posted:

Because anime is a medium that frequently benefits from exaggeration and lack of realism while the entire point of live action is to make things more realistic.

Yeah its basically this, it was an anime for a reason 9 times out of 10. Animation can do things that aren't really viable or sensible in live action (or least with a live actor, you cannot tell me a lot of big budget action films are actually live action since 90% of the action is CGI).

Its only a matter of time before all film animation is a drat FMV from your console gaming platform (poo poo Spiderman 2 and Jedi Survivor for any of their cinematics were nicer to look at than most films). You can't even have a traditionally done film from Disney anymore.

I dunno OPM could maybe be okay as a live action, but honestly making it a film is a dud idea to me. The whole point of Saitama is that he's an anti climax. Get to the finish of the film where he non challant just pops the bad guy folks will not come back for another. Live actor TV show maybe since that gag can reinforce itself quickly, but a film feels like its going to flop on pacing alone for the gags and action to work right.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 15, 2024