Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jerkface posted:

In terms of "running gags" that OPM uses, I don't know if there is really one I like more than King being overestimated by everyone he faces and the misunderstandings that ensue.

My favorite of course being the monster who killed himself due to fear.

My favorite is the assassins in the diner who he mistakes for fans wanting a signature, while they lose their minds about how he has effortlessly seen through their disguises and been noble enough to give them an out to walk away with dignity (then they pick a fight with Saitama once they're outside :lol:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I like One Punch Man because it so beautifully explores the duality of man:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love King so loving much :shobon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The fact the chapter starts with but these guys are different, they're invigorated and enthusiastic about facing King! only to immediately lead to them starting to second-guess themselves and convince themselves King is toying with them is just fantastic stuff :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy poo poo those moon/God pages were insane :stonk:

Bang landing the cleaner shot on Garou but taking more damage from the graze he got in the process was also extremely good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Genos: Those who reject Master Saitama will burn forever in the lake of fire.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Fuhrer bending over to look at the hole in his stomach and then folding up and falling through it was incredible.

Also holy poo poo King's attempt to prostrate himself being mistaken for him prepping his ultimate move had me howling, and the normal speed instant replay was sensational.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Sugar Levels Low" beneath one of the panels of Child Emperor as he "figures" out what King is doing :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That last page holy poo poo :stare:

Also, Saitama telling Genos that his heart got stronger :shobon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

bees x1000 posted:

Turns out the fireworks factory was just a front for Project Manhattan.

Seriously! :aaa:

Also, oh my God Blast being relieved King is there to look after Tatsumaki :hellyeah::hf::laugh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cannot wait for Saitama to one-punch whatever Blast has devoted his life and all his powers to holding back :hellyeah:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Absolutely sensational chapter, Saitama surfing an aircraft carrier holy gently caress :vince:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it was the power of two hot boys flirting

Finally, a power to surpass Saitama's :aaa:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Goddamn that was so cool.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I do need to reread the Monster Association Arc up to this point, just so I have a clearer view of what redrawn chapters ended up discarding from the original editions, I'm legit not entirely sure if the chapter that this incredible spread came from even actually happened anymore:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy poo poo that final page :vince:

Also the whole loving chapter!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

copy posted:

lol that panel of him saying "i kinda feel like id rather just obliterate the whole planet" may be the most dire threat the earth has ever faced

The reaction to that was spectacular :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I absolutely adore that Saitama was kind of just done and going home but now he's decided to help a little kid out because that's what heroes do :shobon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Artum posted:

While this comic is very funny, most of the best moments are when people are being genuinely heroic.

Its why licenseless rider is the best.

"Was he a middle-aged man in a tanktop?" was very sweet, he assumed Tank Top Master would be the hero :shobon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wow, Garou is a great and effective hero, yay Garou! :neckbeard:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Saitama is the best, goddamn :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Somebody finally sitting down Garou to ask him how he feels and get poo poo off his chest :shobon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Boo, the new look for Garou and the stuff with God is cool but the original version ending with Garou and Saitama sitting down to talk was so loving good :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Incredible chapter.

Something I love is that even though Garou and Saitama's movements are essentially mirrored, Garou's are all "cool" poses while Saitama remains his goofy self, falling clumsily through the air, pinching his nose while swimming out of water etc.

Also I don't for a second think Saitama is hurt, his attitude didn't change in the slightest outside of surprise at seeing Garou adopt his moves, he's more bothered by the fact he might have to actually hurt Garou a little to stop this nonsense after he promised the kid he wouldn't. He's going to show up in typical Saitama fashion next chapter and undercut all Garou's moody edgelord stuff and it's going to rule.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Marluxia posted:

Isn't everyone pretty badly irradiated by being so close when Garou set off nuclear fission explosions with his fists?

Nah, Saitama punched the radiation away :eng101:.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Garou straight up acknowledges that Saitama wasn't fighting anywhere near all-out in their earlier encounter too, but makes the mistake of thinking that this gives him the chance to perfect Saitama's techniques and reach his level, as opposed to Saitama still being an infinity beyond him.

It's awesome, but we better get table-sit again by the end of this :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mr. Lobe posted:

Incidentally those kids are walking ghosts, unless this is some kind of bullshit superfiture where there's a cure for "all my DNA has been fried"

The cure is Saitama punches away the damage and radiation, duh!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

YggdrasilTM posted:

I'm half expecting Saitama reversing time by punching.

No joke I am fully expecting this!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Perfect :allears:

oh jay posted:

He did breaking into a telepathic mindscape via punching.

I still laugh when I think of that. He got bored waiting so punched himself into somebody's mind :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I for one cannot believe the man who drew a female character with muscular thighs shattering the head of a watermelon man gets horny sometimes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I mixed up the threads! :doh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Very rough machine translation:

Akihito Tsukushi posted:

Saitama's serious battle begins with the color of "a feeling of a last boss that can never be won", and I'm really excited about it ...! What is this messed up battle that is too easy to understand ...! Also, if someone like George-sensei tells me a completely unusual cartoonist, I'm glad ...☺️

Yusuke Murata posted:

Thank you for visiting Dr. Morikawa and Dr. Tsukushi! Excuse me, I'm sorry, 🙏✨this series is also before the final focus, but I will do my best with ONE teacher! Congratulations to Tsukushi-sensei for the start of the second season of Made in Abyss! I will check it on Amazon today!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I.... I..... said after last chapter that I felt the comic was starting to lose some of its charms.

I regret my words and deeds. :stwoon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Saitama freaking out at having Genos' power core in his hand followed immediately by him freaking out that his dick was hanging out was :kiss:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Devils Affricate posted:

If Garou had gone back in time after getting his cosmic god powers and challenged Saitama before he even joined the Hero Association, the fight would have gone the same way.

Exactly. The answer to the question,"Is Saitama exponentially stronger than everybody else?" is "Yes" regardless of any and all other conditions. :hai:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Just didn't listen killed me :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God that chapter :3:

Silver Fang taking Garou around to apologize to everybody he bothered during the hero hunt, amazing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I hope Metal Bat and Garou become friends after Bang and Zenko set up a playdate for them :shobon:

Mr. Lobe posted:

I completely forgot the dine and dash

That was a very venture bros scene

Saitama desperately waiting for Fubuki to eat one of his fries so he could stick her with the bill :xd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

graham cracker posted:

While Tareo and Metal Bat's sister have a playdate at the same time please.

Garou: Well look at that, good for you Tareo, you got yourself a girlfri-