Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Kuvo posted:

Um hes not called Onekick-man :colbert:

Well yeah, because a single kick ends the universe and the manga. Nobody wants that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Come on people. It's clearly Hero.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
How many times has this chapter been reworked now? And each time is better than the last.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Saitama is truly the greatest hero ever.

Also Octopus Claw Man a fantastic villain.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
At first I thought those were heroes we know in disguise. I swear Blue Fire looks like Saitama in a wig.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Shindragon posted:

Technically that was a flash back. Also holy poo poo is the first time someone actually saw him one punch something in plain view? Most of the time people think the opponent was weakened.

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I think it's the first time an influential character has. A few minor heroes like the low ranked blizzard group guy have seen him do it.

How are you guys forgetting Bang?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Voted Worst Mom posted:

I think speed of sonic is much stronger than many or most A to S ranks like garou but he has a hilarious fixation on Saitama like everyone else. For reference, genos is also extremely strong.

Yeah, Genos and Saitama are both under ranked in the Heroes Association. Genos is just closer to what he should be ranked because he's a cool cyborg who can do well on the written test.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Clearly Genos knows his anime memes.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Its no different than any flurry of punches in any anime ever.

It's very different. There's no crazy onomatopoeia sounds/words accompanying it. See Kenshiro, Dio, Jotaro, etc.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Well, of course, but the designs themselves aren't complicated to begin with. I can't quite put my finger on the thing that puts me off, but I think it's something about Genos's face.

Are you sure it's Genos's face and not the fact that they somehow cast Ikkaku for Saitama?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

gently caress, got to remember to get my bikini briefs monogrammed. Pro tip, Saitama.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I was rereading this and realized when I got to the House of Evolution that Asura Rhino was a rhinoceros beetle. No idea how I missed that before and thought he was one weird rhino.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Prison Warden posted:

But... that's the entire joke.

I really don't know how I missed it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Spiderdrake posted:

HxH is a lot like Naruto, if Naruto didn't start to choke on its own rear end and enter an rear end devouring spiral of terrible, rapidly spinning until it shed off chunks of itself in a savage celestial wretch until it collapsed into a black hole of pure loving suck. HxH on the other hand manages to expand itself out into an interesting and strange world, that goes on hiatus, then gets more awesome, then gets more hiatus, repeating this cycle in a weirdly abusive relationship where the answer to 'what do you call a hxh fan with etc etc' except the answer is dragon quest? And a turkey?

You only understand the wonder of the turkey if you don't read the actual volume releases though. You've got to read it chapter by individual, un-retouched, chapter to fully behold the wonder of the turkey.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

AnonSpore posted:

Even worse

Don't see how that's possible since it's only somewhat recently people quit talking about the One version in here. Though at least when King first shows up in the anime, the King Engine talk will make some sort of sense when people start "casually" immediately mentioning it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I've been living in the South too long. That looks like a Confederate Flag belt buckle to me.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mraagvpeine posted:

Don't you remember when Saitama did side hops in the Hero exams?

Were they serious side hops though?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Leorio never disappoints.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mystic Mongol posted:

L. R. is absolutely the best C rank hero.

He's the hero against which all other heroes are measured.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Klades posted:

It's not really that complicated. You can wear it as an undershirt, or by itself, or as pajamas. It has no sleeves, so it allows full range of movement. It's simple. It can look good on any gender. You can probably use it as a tourniquet. You can potentially use it as pants. Its versatility is unrivaled in the field of upper-body wear.

How are you using your tank top as pants?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Illuyankas posted:

"Oh he's not a bad person, he just gets paid to murder people"

To be fair, if you get Speed of Sonic Sound sent after you, you're probably a pretty bad guy. Nobody hires a world class assassin/ninja to take out saints.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

tsob posted:

Martin Luther King Jr. might disagree. You have to be really, really high-profile and controversial to attract enough ire to do it by good deeds, but it does happen.

Nobody hired James Earl Ray to kill King, and even if you believe in some vast rear end in a top hat conspiracy, James Earl Ray was not a world class assassin. It's always some lone crazy rear end in a top hat who offs saints. Like that guy who tried to kill JPII(who is officially saint, or at least just a step or two away).

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

RareAcumen posted:

Oh well I guess that makes it okay that the prisoner broke out of jail since there was a hole there.

No man, it's cool, I only stole this money because there was a hole in the safe, I'm not really a bad guy!

A completely non-violent escape where you don't even cause any property damage is pretty low on the morally bad things to do. It's not like you gave your word to stay there and now you're breaking it. In and of itself, morally less bad than parking in a handicap spot when you aren't handicapped.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Well, if punching can fix other problems there's no reason it can't fix moral issues.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Here you go

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Binary Badger posted:

It may be filler, but anything Murata does is like caviar to me. I'll even take him drawing Peanuts talking heads, which is essentially what he does here..

So the three heroes who got beat down.. looks like Goodyear Man, Neti Pot Face, and Red Nose. What the hell is Red Nose's power, getting drunk and bragging about how he would take out (x) villain? Or is it getting beat up by villains and winding up with a red nose all the time...

He's a C Class hero, he doesn't have any powers, just gimmicks. Like the best gimmick in all of herodom, used by the #1 C Class hero.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Is it wrong to want the offering of a banana to become Saitama's default greeting?

Bernardo Orel posted:

http://bato.to/read/_/325173/onepunch-man_ch48_by_nerieru-scans I'm absolutely sure Saimata is going to do the right thing :getin:

Of course he is, distributing bananas to everyone does cost money. It's a public good, really.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Isn't the council, or whatever, unsure of whether or not Saitama's physical tests are real after all the rumors about him paying people/judges off?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I feel real dumb for not realizing it was a motorcycle license that he was lacking.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Filler is padding to stretch something out, that is not what this is. It's an expansion of the story for the purposes of the story. It's not like this is a direct and exact translation anyway, it's an adaptation that is very faithful.

Unless you want to say other side stories are filler to. In which case you're wrong and I feel sorry that you don't understand divine revelation.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Is blue hair an even further level of Super Saiyan, or just a new coloring substitute for blonde?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Genos is the best friend a bald man could have.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Is Garou making Handsomely Masked Sweet Mask freak out by drawing on his picture?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Man, those all look like good styles. Too bad they're no match for good ol' Water Polo Carbonated Fist.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

RatHat posted:

Why did Fubuki put on makeup to go to the beach?

What's it like to have never been to a beach that contained any women?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Test Pattern posted:

One Piece Man. Sai T. Ama sets out to be meet the Hero, King.

Translator's Note: Sai T. Ama is written in Mandarin and we are using the Wade-Giles system of romanization.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mr. Fowl posted:

I've heard this too, and it's made even weirder by the fact that Zorro is public domain!

I think the truth of it is that they didn't want any confusion.

Nah, they're just idiots. Zorro is just a mildly popular character that kids parents would know, and outside the name there is very little, if anything, to cause confusion. Maybe his bandanna.

If anything it's someone looking at the r and figuring that the Japanese must have meant l. Because...reasons.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Don't worry guys, it's only a matter of time before Murata redoes the whole thing in flip book format. Each flip book redone by hand for each new language release to account for different text lengths.

Animators working on the anime will quit their jobs in shame.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

a kitten posted:

drat it, the kids shirt doesn't say School Child on it :mad:

Yeah, it's the only disappointment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Waffleman_ posted:

I completely forgot that Genos had a villain he was tracking down. Man, the series has never really touched on that since, has it?

It's toyed with the idea that it's Metal Knight.