Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
This comic has always driven me crazy because i had no idea what the point of it was

Murata's extreme high effort art just makes this even more apparent

Like yeah we know caped baldy got too strong and is lonely partly because of it, but the bigger idea I think is that he was lonely (and had no real interests) before he got strong... every other S tier hero has a very weird and distinctive persona that reflects their interests/backgrounds but Saitama is just Strong, and once he became Strong there was still nothing else. The comic still really confuses me for some reason but idk it's entertaining enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

are you referring to Fubuki or Genos/Sonic?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sweet mask finally showing his power was a big disappointment tbh. It's rare in this manga but that was pretty blah after waiting so long.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Mar 27, 2019

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I see manga as so much more humane than anime. The people working themselves to death at least own some of the IP.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yes, but the pay is way way worse (comparing game devs to animators).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If anyone can explain "arrogance came from the bias of knowledge" i would appreciate it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tournament just feels like a repetition where you know exactly what's going to happen, and it does, and having to wait years for that was unfortunate. It's the same sequence of events we'd seen so many times before and at that point I would prefer to see things involving characters I like like King, Fang, and Fubuki.

I dont think anyone reading it now would care it's like 10 issues.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Child Emperor just didnt seem like a character who would get in a 1v1 power level testing fight in the first place. We've been told a few times that rankings are a measure of usefulness to the hero organization and not just power level and I thought he was supposed to be an example of that (he's also the one who kept his eye on what the organization actually wanted, rescuing that kid). Idk how it goes down in the original.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Is the dog man in it? That's the only character I'd care to play as.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think the base salary is unimpressive but you can leverage the fame/prestige into money very easily if you're into that sort of thing. Sweet Mask turns it into a fortune, metal bat almost certainly does not, etc

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Part of the issue is we've already revisited the events by reading murata's version. So the anime version is a third trip through the same story.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:22 on May 19, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

when will the murata version go back to being the chill, laid back, spectacle free story that it never was?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Best chapter ever?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Fubuki, King, Fang, and Child Emperor have gotten a lot of development - I think it would be an appropriate end for them to all die of radiation poisoning.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yes - one punch man is my favorite manga but it really went downhill after chapter 1.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

AfricanBootyShine posted:

they've built up this image of opm being some sort of generational masterpiece thats almost hilarious to this point
Ha ha yes exactly. When I read some of the complaints I think, wow..... you guys really, really, really liked the garou arc.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I never really was into any of the garou designs but this is a cute payoff for space face.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I don't know if that graph is meant to represent objective power levels. It's just illustrating that even with shonen exponential power scaling garou will still somehow end up more behind than ever.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Think about how exciting this fantasy setting is. Warhammer 40k levels of hosed. The implausible part of the scenario is that everyone would starve to death in a month but I can suspend my disbelief.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Do any other straight guys go back and watch this every few weeks?

https://youtu.be/aGoU4OP-IKg

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Shugojin posted:

yeah i think king has actually given real advice to saitama at any point

the most qualified S class hero
"You should play as the cute characters. They're the strongest ones."

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Thoren posted:

Do we know what Tatsumaki thinks of King? (the strongest hero.)
She thinks extremely highly of him. Her facial expression becomes relieved when she sees him and she says something nice.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Heroes in this series are hard to criticize because non-heroes are so useless that they dont exist. Everyone in Japan is completely hosed and dead without the three dozen S class heroes that exist, I'm not sure how meaningful it is to say that they could be even better. Or to say the HA is ill-equipped to handle something like the monster association when it's a complete emergency and no one else can even get 1% as far as the HA has gotten. I get that a lot of the MA arc was premised on a VIP's kid being treated preferentially but a.) that was so ludicrous that it's hard to take seriously and b.) even if the HA has to make deals with the wealthy to get the support it does, who is that really a criticism of?

I'd be able to engage with HA critical stuff more seriously when they arent the only thing holding humanity back from extinction.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 4, 2023

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

sirtommygunn posted:

Is that not exactly what they're setting up in this chapter?
I doubt rollerskates is a match for the monster association but sure, maybe.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

So not to overthink it but why did the little guy only approach the bigger guy after 50 years? Did he want to live a full life before resetting?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ahh oops. Ok so he's definitely a good guy.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Is that even a joke? Feel like he picked the name "non-virgin" on purpose.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Its chapter 9, why arent the humans winning yet?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Video games will beat the neohumans.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Bucswabe posted:

It's hard to imagine how Neo Humans could be a legitimate threat to guys like the Demon Kings, but I suppose if they have superior human science/diplomacy they could potentially weaponize the Natural Enemies far more effectively than our heroes are planning to do (e.g., hacking the super AI)
Its cause their coordination is so good. Theyre like lips teeth and tongue in baki but a whole species.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Darth TNT posted:

That would be the most hilarious option and oddly probably the one they don’t think off. It’s just that they accidentally encounter the videogames and get stuck.
Why kill in real life when you can kill in minecraft?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Isnt her design straight up Mike Wazowski, even down to the horns? I just saw her as green for that reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sonic spent 2018-2022 on the toilet with diarrhea.