Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.
It seems very Watchmen-like with exaggerated feats of strength and speed, but with rare actual super powers.

Still looking forward to more of the S-class heroes to show up only to have Saitama and Genos completely ignore them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005

Liar posted:

Maybe he'd slowed its momentum down to nothing with the force of the impact. Like a baseball being hit by a bat, except in this case more like a baseball being shot by a bullet.

He probably slowed it down enough it won't totally level the city, but it'll still do a lot of damage. As long as his apartment isn't destroyed, though, Saitama probably won't care. That and the grocery store. Gotta get those bargains!

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005

Boogaleeboo posted:

He could have leveled the city with a backhand if it got too annoying, so no.

That mosquito was probably still Saitama's toughest opponent so far.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005

PaganGoatPants posted:

Except that fly.

Mosquito. Truly the most fearsome foe humanity has ever seen.

I like how Boros is the most powerful opponent Saitama has ever faced (so far?), and he's still bored as hell. I'm looking forward to the top S-class heroes reaction to this event, though I have a feeling the ship being destroyed is going to be credited to Tatsumaki.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Where was King when all the other S-Class heroes were fighting under the alien ship? Did that get explained already and I just forgot, or does that come up later?

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
He could be one of the Tank Top disciples, if not for the robo-arms. Tank Top Pretty Boy.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
I wish they would have shown Watchdogman dragging all the monster bits into a pile so he can sit on it.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Probably more about the anime than the manga. It attracted a lot of the shounen fans that love to compare power levels, and kinda missed the joke. I imagine this thread of conversation comes up so often because the chapters are released slow enough there's not much to talk about. A chapter drops, a page or so of gushing about Murata's art, pointing out some of the more subtle callbacks, and then... not much else. There's only so much you can speculate about how hard Saitama is gonna punch something.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Can't wait for the translation so I know what they're saying!

I like how the vague image of (I assume) Blast looked like it could be Saitama with hair. So if King is thought to be the strongest because they gave him credit for a bunch of Saitama's deeds, then Blast is just the rest of them attributed to some idea they came up with? Even with him taking out the centipede, everyone who saw it already knows how strong he is.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
I'm gonna guess that the only person Tatsumaki has any amount of respect for is Blast.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005

CannonFodder posted:

Well Flashy Flash is trying to find Manako before other heroes find her and likely defeat / kill her. He's looking out for her safety. He just wants to talk.

And maybe talk to the other guy who had some skill (by being faster that Flashy Flash and catching FF's blade with his fingers, that's some skill)

I like the level of delusion the S class still has about Saitama most of the time. Flashy Flash just can't come to terms with the idea there's someone that much stronger than him, so he just doesn't believe it.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder what's with the lizard men in the prison with Alio. Genetic experiments or creatures from another world?

Neo Humanity mentioned they found a bunch of new species since the world changed, so presumably they've been collecting them. When the worlds merged I'm sure more than just the enemies came with, there's probably some other stragglers around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005

A jargogle posted:

10 years...?

To be fair, the OVA/movie was 10 years ago.