Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I see why, because there needs to be an extra keyframe or three between him landing and bending over because it's too jittery of motion

Maybe as a gif but in the original net comic form I think it's perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Can the other people who posted or quoted spoilers get rid of them as well? I was completely ambushed there since they are unmarked.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
It's in Viz's weekly shonen jump?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Yeah the subscription's very cheap and you get One Piece, Naruto, Toriko, color Dragonball Z and OnePunch man (plus a couple of manga I haven't heard of before and have yet to grab me). I'm glad I can finally pay for the English versions!

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Is Saitama wearing Crocs?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I think it's time to admit the redraw is a different manga and I can't hold it to the pacing of the original. Then I can enjoy all these asides as original material rather than filler.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
The kanji (死) in the background when Saitama throws the punch means death.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
The official English release is in the Shounen Jump app which has a (low) subscription. Not posted online for free.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I’m really enjoying versus. I like the characters that ONE has established and the premise is unique. It’s slow as molasses but I’m not paying ONE to pump it out so I’m happy for him to do his thing at his pace. He has that much good will from me for writing some of the most entertaining manga of the last decade.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Versus: They're really amping up the inhuman horror of the various enemy factions in Versus. Almost felt a Beserk kind of vibe.

I think one of the interesting things it's trying is to have a big cast. It would have been easy to have Hallow be the the guy going on this mission but they've built up Alio and I'm wondering whether he will meet a tragic end.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Mr. Lobe posted:

Kinda hoping for option 2, tbh

I hope so too. It makes the sudden deaths of the rest of the team more meaningful if he doesn’t have plot armor. But I don’t know if we can sustain the story if it cycles around a new character being introduced, made sympathetic, then suddenly dying. But as I’ve said before I trust ONE to execute this well.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I have faith in One, and we have other things like Versus and Bug Ego. Hope he starts up a series he draws himself again soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Terror Sweat posted:

Opm comes from a place of love and at it's best is a lighthearted take on shonen and other manga tropes. There is nothing I've seen from Harmon or Heather Campbell's work that suggests this will be good or sincere.

Have you ever seen Community?