Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fritopi
Feb 16, 2007
YUM YUM SO GOOD

E the Shaggy posted:

Thought I'd jump into this thread as I just discovered it, but I've been doing standup for a few years now. Toured the east coast, performing at some colleges and conventions. While I was having a fairly steady stream of paying gigs, it was never really enough to replace the 9 to 5, and the road life/dedicating my entire social life to standup just didn't appeal to me. As was mentioned earlier, it can be really trying and bottom line was, I didn't work nearly as hard as some other folks (two shows a week vs guys who were doing three to five shows A NIGHT.) It's more of a pastime than anything at this point.

Here's a video of one of my jokes:

http://www.rooftopcomedy.com/watch/IAintAfraidOfNoGhost

Anyway, before I left for a new city, I recorded a 50 minute cd that I plan on distributing but I was wondering if anyone else has done this? What's the best way to market an album? Once I get the album cover finalized, I was planning on submitting it to iTunes and charging around $5 for it.

Dude, you have a super commanding stage presence and an awesome voice! You kinda sound like Eugene Mirman, haha.

I tried my hand at standup for the first time last night. I'm a student at an advertising school and one of the final classes we're offered is a standup class so I thought I'd give it a shot. Here's the vid:

http://youtu.be/A_GZ9zr31UA

I was shaking the whole time and even 20 minutes after I got off stage, but it was such a rush. I think I'm hooked, haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU