Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Will it spoil me posted:

I'm in the same boat as that other guy who doesnt know where to start. Any tips on how to look at situations differently? Actually sitting down to right jokes is near impossible for me.

The best advice I was given was to write down everything that mildly annoys you throughout the day, then just take it to its comical extreme. This is why comedians are big on notepads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Greek Tragedy posted:

Hey All,

God drat it's been a while since I've been in here. Apparently life happened and I can't gently caress about on the internet as much anymore.

Any of you other comedy goons run an open mic? How do you get people (not just comics) out to your open mics? I know this isn't the case in places like NYC and LA but I'm in fairly rural eastern washington state. We have a decent population (over 200000) but there are nights when there are literally just the 7 comics performing that night in attendance. Of course the same club on the weekend gets 80 people to the comedy show. How do I get like even 20% of that to come to a FREE comedy night? Any tips from my goon peeps? It would be much appreciated, i'm getting really frustrated.

Also we just finished our 3rd annual amateur comedy competition and holy poo poo guys. Some serious talent coming up in the northwest!

There just aren't going to be that many drinkers going out on Tuesday and Wednesday nights, maybe you could argue for some cheap drink specials. Comedy clubs are up there with strip clubs for overcharging for drinks. Nobody is going to want to watch a 'free' comedy show where it costs $5 for a PBR to listen to amateur hour.

Also, are there many other bars nearby? Like in a college town bar district, or are you in stuck off in some suburban strip mall away from the action?

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jul 5, 2013