Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
I've started thinking of trying to get 5 minutes of material together to maybe do an open mic. I haven't written anything, other than just noting prompts like 'that time the cat got stuck in the spare tire', and '2 weeks to live and you have to do laundry'. Because the funny for me, comes from casually telling those stories, instead of being precise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!

fritopi posted:

I tried my hand at standup for the first time last night. I'm a student at an advertising school and one of the final classes we're offered is a standup class so I thought I'd give it a shot. Here's the vid:

http://youtu.be/A_GZ9zr31UA

I was shaking the whole time and even 20 minutes after I got off stage, but it was such a rush. I think I'm hooked, haha.

I really liked your set. Good work! Keep doing it!