Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

The first rule of No Avatar Club is: you do not talk about No Avatar Club. The second rule of No Avatar Club is: you DO NOT talk about No Avatar Club
Grimey Drawer

Ussr posted:

Oh neat SA has a standup comedy thread. I'm an NYC based comic that's been doing it for a few years. I was curious if any other Goons did comedy. I'll read through the thread but is anyone here based in NYC?

I live in NYC and have been thinking about giving it a shot. I don't have a set yet, so it wouldn't be for a little while if I do, but I see a fair amount of shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

The first rule of No Avatar Club is: you do not talk about No Avatar Club. The second rule of No Avatar Club is: you DO NOT talk about No Avatar Club
Grimey Drawer

Ussr posted:

Well dude, I've gone to mics with a few really new dudes to help peer pressure them on stage so if you need that person I would be more than happy to go with you. Just PM me.

I have another friend who said the same thing you did. I'm not ready with a set yet, but I'll keep it in mind and reach out if I go in that direction. Thanks, though, that's a cool offer. I hope to take you up on it one day

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So, I've been trying to work on my actual joke writing skills lately, ostensibly in preparation for giving stand-up a try in a few weeks. Been trying to write a joke a day on twitter. Anyone else here use it and want to start a little name exchange?

I'm @fotemp