Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

Sataere posted:

I'm trying to come to grips with my set. I know I killed it. The laughter, audience and comic responses after my set told me I did. I also think I was mediocre by my own standards and it's loving with me hard. Anyone else deal with that?

Middling is the cushiest spot in comedy so I find there's a weird middle guilt, like I don't feel like I deserved the reaction. Because a lot of times when I started middling I didn't deserve all those laughs.

N. Senada posted:

I used to do open mics before my new life. I now write down jokes that I think might be funny. If anyone has inordinate free time and wants to workshop with a guy living on an island, you should totally pm me.

Just PM me all these jokes you're not using so I can use them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

Optimist with doubt posted:

There has definitely been drama in mine but always petty poo poo that dies down. Though one comedian did steal from another on a karaoke night, so there is that.

i once stole $20 from a heckler's purse while she was in the bathroom but i got caught by another crowd member and had to put it back. it was a weird weird set at after that.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

it was just 7 minutes of me getting on a high horse and trying to explain to her why she deserved for me to steal her money. and no one agreed because i was wrong.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

i got a shout out from mark normand and joe list on tuesdays with stories this week, which is the highlight of my 4 years in comedy.

(i know some people are on conan 4 years in, but i'm from new haven so highlights are few and far between.)

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

i swear like crazy in my day to day, but i try to be conservative with my curses in stand-up so they don't become meaningless. my swears are very purposeful and deliberate.

unless i am at a really rowdy bar show and need to hold very short attention spans. then all bets are off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

complaining about comedy is cool