Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Secretserviced
Apr 15, 2009
Oh poo poo, neat, just found this thread! Dude from VA here, with about a year of experience doing open mics in Greensboro, NC. Moved back to VA, so now I am uh... writing?

Anyway, figure I'd try to start a debate about Twitter. I know it's just a website that doesn't translate as well as you'd think to performance, but it's a great way to just get in the habit of writing down any joke or jokey thing you come up with, no matter how dumb it may be. So it's basically a writing exercise that really improves your joke writing and has the potential to kind of get you noticed.

Downsides though, I've been writing some decent stuff and you'd think it have picked up more people, but it just doesn't seem to build much if any momentum. Maybe I'm just bad at promoting it I don't know. I'm @Reedinkski on twitter if you want to confirm your suspicions

Anyway, thoughts, opinions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU