Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ksrugi
Mar 21, 2010
The comedic rule of three is in everything. It goes waaaaaaaaaaaay back to the Greeks and it's still something I have trouble wrapping my head around too. Shakespeare uses it a lot in his writings and it's a rule in Shakespeare performance that lists like that have to build or you lose the impact of the line whether it's tragedy or comedic.

I'm an actor. I've auditioned my rear end off for work on film, TV, and the stage, done performances in front of 800+ people, and am always the one Asian guy in whatever you see. Stand up comedy is another planet with its own law of physics in my book. So much of what you do as an actor is focused on your partner, your environment, and what's going on around you. A stand up comedian has himself, his material, and the audience. Working purely off the energy a room full of strangers is something to be admired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU