Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FouRPlaY
May 5, 2010
Another wannabe checking in – who also lives an hour away from Toronto (in Waterloo).

Although I do like to make the people in front of me laugh and definitely want to do stand-up, my interests are more in the written word. My first goal was to be Dave Barry (as in, writing humours nonfiction articles and books), then Seth McFarlane (as in, writing animated sitcoms), and now it's mixed to be Ken Levine (who wrote for MASH, The Simpsons, and Fraiser, and now has his own comedy blog at http://kenlevine.blogspot.ca).

It's always been one of those “yeah, I'll get to it” dreams until literally this past week. I've started slowly, but I sat down and wrote jokes for four of the five days this week (I've spent the weekend playing Assassin's Creed 3). It's small, but it's a start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU