Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
I'm in the same boat as that other guy who doesnt know where to start. Any tips on how to look at situations differently? Actually sitting down to right jokes is near impossible for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the tip. I hope this thread gets humming soon, anyone know of any other online resources for good info on comedy?

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
What are some examples of fantastic delivery and timing?

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
I am interested in comedic acting, not just stand-up, where should I look for more information?

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
Hey guys, so I'm doing a senior project on comedy and I'm planning on interviewing a bunch of comedians on their craft. And in a few months I'm gonna do a 5 minute routine at my school and give a little workshop on comedy. I have some questions ready, and if you guys have any suggestions, about anything, I'd love to hear them. If some of you wouldn't mind answering some of these questions, i would be very grateful.

When did you first know you were funny?

What was the first way you exhibitioned your comedy

Tell me about delivery a bit

When you wait an extra second before or after giving the punhline, what effect do you think that has

Does your routine ever change during the night? Like you find something sticks so you go deeper, or the opposite?

How do you judge a room in order to change your coming bits an jokes?

How important is irony to you?

How long do you typically spend forming and polishing a joke? When is it”done”?

How do you practice? In front of a mirror?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer

XIII posted:

If you want answers from a rookie open mic'er, let me know.

That'd be great, thanks.

I also interviewed the comic Will A. Thomas. I got about 45 minutes of him talking about comedy. Would any of you guys like to see it? Ill upload it to youtube