Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ronk a Donk
Feb 13, 2012
After reading through this read and hearing all you other beginner comics trying your luck at standup, I got up the gumption to ask my friend if I could perform at her open mic. My sister told me to do it years ago, but a combination of fear, moving around for work, and laziness kept me from going up. I've been waiting for the show for weeks, and tonight was the night, and it went really, super well! The guy who introduced me gave an awesome introduction, I was terrified but excited during the performance, and when I went off a bunch of people came up to congratulate me. Two folks trying to get new open mics started in the area came up and asked if I'd perform my set at their shows! (It's a small city and the comedy scene is pretty new here, so there aren't loads of comics around, but still.) It was also in front of a real audience, maybe 40 non-comic people, plus ten comics, which was awesome. I know the nights can't all be this good, but it was really wicked for a first time.

I owe a lot to you guys in this thread-- I spent a lot of time prepping, studying videos and trying out suggestions, and I think it really helped. So, thanks! I didn't get any video, but maybe next time I can convince someone to come with me and hold a camera or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU