Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
Oh neat SA has a standup comedy thread. I'm an NYC based comic that's been doing it for a few years. I was curious if any other Goons did comedy. I'll read through the thread but is anyone here based in NYC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

Barracuda Bang! posted:

I live in NYC and have been thinking about giving it a shot. I don't have a set yet, so it wouldn't be for a little while if I do, but I see a fair amount of shows.

Well dude, I've gone to mics with a few really new dudes to help peer pressure them on stage so if you need that person I would be more than happy to go with you. Just PM me.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

Karl Ontario posted:

Best way to get a set ready is to sign up for an open mic and tell your friends. You'll have no choice but to come up with material or else you'll look silly backing out.

This is a good idea, or if you want to feel like a rockstar sign up for a bringer show and tell all of your friends. Bringer shows are make believe standup shows that really mean nothing but they can help build confidence and give you the nerve you need to really start hitting the open mics which will improve ability to stand on a stage and talk into a mic which will eventually improve your ability to write jokes.